SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Because they don’t give a !@#$ and just let it rip. They always look for subtle advantages and loopholes. UND is the opposite.

Asking for forgiveness is often better than asking for permission. I have no idea what the rules are though

On 12/16/2023 at 3:04 PM, F'n Hawks said:

Would you go with Roehl or Polasek? Sounds like those are the likely two finalists?

Polacek Hes had 7 years of FBS to improve . Hopefully his game management is better than Entz. Tyler needs more time.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Some ndsu fans I know

Haven't heard or seen anyone say he's not that good - maybe you the fans you know were drunk lol.   See plenty of POd comments and jokes about Brookings.  Honestly surprised he isn't getting FBS offers.  Pretty normal for fans to get pissed off and emotional over a recruit though, especially when a top one leaves for your biggest rival.

Losing him as a recruit does indeed suck, but Polasek has a label as being an excellent recruiter - so with the transfer portal there's plenty of opportunity to someone who is experienced and talented as well.

19 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Bison top recruit, Maxwell Woods, flips to SDSU.

News like this makes me think Polacek is either brining in his own OC or calling the plays himself, and that Roehl is gone.  Either Woods was told this or he saw the writing on the wall.  Forn stability purposes, it would be smart for Polacek to keep many of the coaches, especially Roehl since it sounds like most of the players were pushing for him to be the next HC.  But who knows.  Polocek may want to run his own offense and have him or his own guy make then play calls.  May find out some of those answers at his introductory press conference.

9 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

News like this makes me think Polacek is either brining in his own OC or calling the plays himself, and that Roehl is gone.  Either Woods was told this or he saw the writing on the wall.  Forn stability purposes, it would be smart for Polacek to keep many of the coaches, especially Roehl since it sounds like most of the players were pushing for him to be the next HC.  But who knows.  Polocek may want to run his own offense and have him or his own guy make then play calls.  May find out some of those answers at his introductory press conference.

Polesuck and roel are tight

14 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If I were Polacek I would do 1 of 2 things.

1. Get rid of Roehl ASAP.

2. Have Roehl make a public statement about his support for Polacek.  Then behind closed doors inform him if you ever undermine me I will fire your @ss.

Number 1 is the much safer option for a HC.  Number 2 is always lingering in a bad way as "the players" choice.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

If I were Polacek I would do 1 of 2 things.

1. Get rid of Roehl ASAP.

2. Have Roehl make a public statement about his support for Polacek.  Then behind closed doors inform him if you ever undermine me I will fire your @ss.

Number 1 is the much safer option for a HC.  Number 2 is always lingering in a bad way as "the players" choice.

Not sure why Roehl would want to stick around after “not being the guy” to both the AD and the booster$.   From everything I have heard if he was not given the head coach job….he was not staying.  Will that change? 

if your Polosek, do you want to retain the guy that players wanted to have your job.  Certainly some risk with that if you can’t give him a promotion (position coach to coordinator).  

Both are in a very tough spot.