SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

don't think this rule change or interpretation shouldn't really change much......if Tai or any other young guy is that good why isn't he playing or playing more?

nate d...i think 6 starts...0 catches...come on man

Did you fall out of love with Jerry?  Did you fall of your bicycle and hit a curb?  Are you really SIOUXFAN97?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Did you fall out of love with Jerry?  Did you fall of your bicycle and hit a curb?  Are you really SIOUXFAN97?

nothing changed.......still best qb on the team but he aint seeing the field this year unless something drastic happens.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

reason i mentioned kai is bc someone else mentioned him AND he has played so far AND i wanted to point out that a starting WR has 0 catches thru 6 games 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Assuming no prior appearances, the whole roster opens up with four regular season games remaining for as long as the season persists. Nice. 

In the FCS, playoff games count towards the 4 as well.  May be saving some appearances for playoffs.

41 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

reason i mentioned kai is bc someone else mentioned him AND he has played so far AND i wanted to point out that a starting WR has 0 catches thru 6 games 

I do find it odd that Nate has zero catches as a starting WR through 6 games. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I believe they mentioned. "Tai".  We don't have a "Kai" on our team. :) 

• Upvote 1

Kinda lost in the shuffle between SDSU/SIU and UND/UNI is the ISU Red/YSU game.

Youngstown could easily be 3-0 in the valley right now, but lost to UNI and USD by a combined 6 points.  However, with SDSU left on their schedule (at home), this is a must win game for them if they want to get into the playoffs.  They should take care of business against Mo State, ISU Blue, and Murray State. 

ISU Red could use a win to put themselves in a good spot for playoffs at 5-2.  With Mo State and Murray State left, they could easily get to 7.  They could face an even more desparate UNI squad next week, depending on what happens this weekend.  

Now a loss makes things tricky for them, but not undoable if they run the table.  

This is a bigger game for YSU to give them a chance still at the playoffs.