SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

15 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

If NDSU wins out and we lose to USD but make playoffs and go on the road and go to NDSU, it's likely an SulU win and not very close. Maybe my opinion will change after the USD game though....but we'll see. 

Although I did have to screen shot his post as was a pretty good one! :D

Only way we go on the road to SU would be a second round match up. However if both teams are 7-4 UND would be the higher seed and host. I see there are several teams playing the "our best players are hurt" card. Selection Committee Chairman said in an interview that sometimes that does come into play. 

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Only way we go on the road to SU would be a second round match up. However if both teams are 7-4 UND would be the higher seed and host. I see there are several teams playing the "our best players are hurt" card. Selection Committee Chairman said in an interview that sometimes that does come into play. 

We should be higher than NDSU if both 7-4 but you never know. Even if we play them again at home that game will be a lot closer in my opinion. I'm not discounting that win against NDSU.....it was a big win and we needed it badly to help the perception of our program. However that UND team that showed up that day has only shown up a grand total of 1 times this season. I'm hoping that UND team shows up next weekend at USD, as we need that team to show up to win. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

I noted that the In Forum says the Bison will do “roster management “ with 35 seniors…not all will leave. Just a FYI.

How about this paragraph? I'm genuinely shocked. Even if it doesn't count towards the scholarship limit, seems like a really bad idea to open it up to all. IMO, you try to keep any starter / key depth in certain positions.

Entz said the door is open for all to return. The school is not obligated to pay the scholarship for a player returning for his sixth year, but the Bison have yet to not honor that. Any player using the extra year of eligibility does not count toward the FCS maximum 63 scholarships so at least that eases any potential roster management issues.

Closing week of MVFC 2023:

NDSU @ UNI -- NDSU going eighth win and a possible bye; UNI needing a seventh win after a stumble last week
USD @ WIU -- should be a Coyote walk to ninth overall win
MoiSt @ SDSU -- bunnies playing for perfect record (and to not get hurt)
ISUblue @ SIU -- should be an Egyptian dog walk to a critical seventh win
YSU @ Murray -- YSU needs a seventh 
ISUred @ UND -- each needs a seventh ... badly ... 

4 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

Here comes a first round bye for NDSU, a UND home playoff game, with the winner going to Fargo. Watch. 

Wouldn't that be best case scenario for UND? Wouldn't you want UND to play against a team they already boat raced? 

35 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Wouldn't that be best case scenario for UND? Wouldn't you want UND to play against a team they already boat raced? 

More like best case scenario for NDSU. A chance to avenge the loss that stings the most, in the same season, at home, in a much more meaningful game. You know UND would play scared $hit less in that game. It would be a boat race in the other direction. 

40 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

It’s more of a commentary on the 400-mile guideline slash bus trip baloney.  I’m sure if the game comes to fruition, UND will handle things just fine.  

4 minutes ago, Dustin said:

More like best case scenario for NDSU. A chance to avenge the loss that stings the most, in the same season, at home, in a much more meaningful game. You know UND would play scared $hit less in that game. It would be a boat race in the other direction. 

What are you talking about. I thought UND proved they have left NDSU in their dust. That game of total domination proved it is just like the late 90’s early 2000’s. UND is now the dominant program in North Dakota?

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

He knows that, you fell for his trolling post. 

Historically we don’t fare well against NDSU in the playoffs if we beat them in the regular season. I want this team to prove they’re worth a !@#$ though so I want teh bison in Fargo. If they kick our ass, we deserve that. If we win I may have to change how I feel about this years team. 

25 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Historically we don’t fare well against NDSU in the playoffs if we beat them in the regular season. I want this team to prove they’re worth a !@#$ though so I want teh bison in Fargo. If they kick our ass, we deserve that. If we win I may have to change how I feel about this years team. 

Every game is a big opportunity. You are what your record says you are. Playoffs are a beautiful thing- everything is proven on the field. UND @ NDSU is in fact a road game, so quit obvious how it would / will go. Once in the bracket, though, no more conjecture- just playing football. But conjecture just so happens to be there in full force at this point while awaiting the bracket … interesting times.