SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 National Championship Game: Quinnipiac vs. Minnesota

Kevin G

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Also, what’s the over/under on whether Gopher fans will whine about the age of the Quinnipiac players over on GPL?

Don’t know, but I’m sure they are blaming their own 25 year old goalie.

• Upvote 1

Everyone has their thing.  UND has unfortunately made losing in the last second their own specialty, so much so they tried to do it again last year against Notre Dame.  But MN has chosen to make "lose on the first rush in OT" their own.  Sports can suck, not sure why we do it.

5 minutes ago, jk said:

Everyone has their thing.  UND has unfortunately made losing in the last second their own specialty, so much so they tried to do it again last year against Notre Dame.  But MN has chosen to make "lose on the first rush in OT" their own.  Sports can suck, not sure why we do it.

It was interesting that when they asked Sean Ritchlin(sp) in the intermission who will win he said if MN does it will be in the first minute after that when it gets to 5-10 minutes in it will favor QU.   It was almost word for word what he said before Yale beat MN in the first 10 seconds in 2013.

9 minutes ago, jk said:

Hate to mention it, but that finishing move also brought back Kolanos memories.

It surprises me that more players don’t go against the grain and take the puck back where the pass is coming from.  VanDevelde was great at that and had an empty net to deposit the puck.  Wish more guys would do that than one time the puck the direction the goalie is headed.

Bobcats totally dominated the zone in P3 while Minny tried NOT to lose....pathetic.   You're the #1 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY!   You're 22-0-2 leading after 2 periods....ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK -but no,  the Goofs mangina was showing...and bleeding.

QU came right out in the overtime and punched Goldy right in the mouth and knocked the rodent out.   Good for the Bobcats.   Rand is an uptight a-hole but even those people need a slap on the back sometimes.   TOO BAD for goldy though...lol

• Upvote 3

Is Q the team of the last decade?  Perhaps not (Duluth or Denver May have their cases), but they’re in the top 3, I’d say. Congrats to them for getting the monkey off their back. It’s always nice to see a first time champion. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Couldn't watch, was Cooley's penalty ill-advised or all in the game?

He got tangled up with a QU player, then took it a bit too far.
The refs could have called them both, but the fact that Cooley's stick ended up around the QU players head/neck made it difficult to not call him.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Also, what’s the over/under on whether Gopher fans will whine about the age of the Quinnipiac players over on GPL?

It may ring a little hollow with their thirty (24 actually) year old goalie from Saskatchewan, CANADA!

25 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Maybe this isn't why I'm not a college hockey coach.... But after going up 2-0 I would've taken a timeout and broke a hockey stick over my erect dick and said you are x minutes away from a natty.... Go get it!

That would be one of the reasons. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MGsioux said:

In case you ever wondor why most other fans thinks we are dicks this is why, why the F we as a fan base root for east coast kids to beat Midwest kids is beyond me , take my account away as I am done with this board any way , but never wonder why others hate us , spend 5 Mins here and it is obvious.....

Do you think MN fans were cheering for us to beat QU in 2016?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MGsioux said:

In case you ever wondor why most other fans thinks we are dicks this is why, why the F we as a fan base root for east coast kids to beat Midwest kids is beyond me , take my account away as I am done with this board any way , but never wonder why others hate us , spend 5 Mins here and it is obvious.....

Almost convincing that you’re a UND fan.  Almost smells of the all Minnesota refrain.  See ya!

5 minutes ago, MGsioux said:

Go cry somewhere else.  Minnesota is our biggest rival and I will always cheer for their downfall.  

• Like 2