SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 National Championship Game: Quinnipiac vs. Minnesota

Kevin G

16 hours ago, tnt said:

Seen plenty of our guys cry after losing.  Would be more embarrassed if he was laughing it off.  When you come back for another year and put it on the line night in and night out, I would hope you would show some emotion.

My problem with Faber bawling is: why was he on the ice. He wasn’t out in OT, 2 and 4 were. He came out to cry for the cameras when it’s QU’s time for the spotlight.

Have our guys shown emotion after a loss? Yes, from the bench not the ice. Get your composure, come out, congratulate, skate off. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

My problem with Faber bawling is: why was he on the ice. He wasn’t out in OT, 2 and 4 were. He came out to cry for the cameras when it’s QU’s time for the spotlight.

Have our guys shown emotion after a loss? Yes, from the bench not the ice. Get your composure, come out, congratulate, skate off. 

What he did getting off the bench isn't unusual. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

So the losing team can't come onto the ice to console their team members and goalie? It really isn't a big deal. 

No doubt, Jesus that horse was dead in the first response. I felt bad for all of the players, maybe not the fans but definitely the players…

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I don’t think he was crying for the cameras.  That’s a gut-punch loss if ever there was one. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Easy to say when you are sitting in the stands or at home watching. I do not like the Goofs, but I won't criticize a player for being emotional after a crushing loss like that.

• Upvote 1

Faber could have stayed on the bench to emote.

He wasn’t consoling his goalie, who was stoic. He wasn’t checking on his teammate 24 who went down hard into the boards and official. You know, Captain things. 

ESPN2 cut to him twice because he made good television. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Faber could have stayed on the bench to emote.

He wasn’t consoling his goalie, who was stoic. He wasn’t checking on his teammate 24 who went down hard into the boards and official. You know, Captain things. 

ESPN2 cut to him twice because he made good television. 

So it's the player's fault ESPN2 chose to cut to him?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

He would have way more resources to work with here.

Maybe it’s not about resources, maybe it’s about building a castle out of the stones that you carried yourself. If you read his story and that of Q, it’s inspiring based on the work and efforts. Folks on this board should have to suffer what some others have. Not everyone has a ‘godfather’ with more money than ethics and a fan base that gives and gives…

• Like 1