SiouxSports.com Forum

2025 Recruiting

geaux_sioux

17 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I am not overly impressed by our new OL coach when it comes to recruiting or energy

Have you interacted with him? Or just the outside looking in? I wouldn’t be able to pick him out of a crowd. 

11 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I am not overly impressed by our new OL coach when it comes to recruiting or energy

I overheard a couple players talking on the range the other day and they didn't sound overly impressed either. 

They did say that Pawlak was the best coach they have ever had and wish he was still here though.

12 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Have you interacted with him? Or just the outside looking in? I wouldn’t be able to pick him out of a crowd. 

My interactions with him and watching him have been positive. He played with and is good friends with Pawlak, guessing a slightly different style of coaching though. Pawlak left really big shoes to fill though.
Once you've seen him, not hard to pick him out of a crowd. Looks like he could still play tackle with no issues.

The OC was hired first. 
Surely the OC had input on the OL coach hiring as that can make or break an OC.

I'm trusting the hire of the OC and what followed until I have on-field reason not to. 

• Upvote 3

Guessing (I have no actual idea but this is a message board so rampant speculation is ok hahaha) one is more of a players' coach and one is more of a "GATA" coach.  For players recruited under one style the other is probably frustrating...it'll unfortunately take some time to adjust to that, and hopefully that doesn't drive anyone else out.  But I'm not exactly opposed to "GATA"...there are many areas of the team that could use it!

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, sioux24/7 said:

It’s what happens when you get the culture/success that SDSU has had but man I’m getting sick of opening twitter and seeing guys we were after committing to SDSU. 

Get used to it.  We just signed up for two more years

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Grand Fork’s own JB Walters to SDSU. 

Side note, they are former neighbors to Danny Fruend and good friends to the family.  The 2025 red River FB class is absolutely loaded with talent 

1 hour ago, ND1 said:

Side note, they are former neighbors to Danny Fruend and good friends to the family.  The 2025 red River FB class is absolutely loaded with talent 

Still can't believe we fumbled Freund away to another FCS school.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ND1 said:

Do you think Pearce Parks lands at the FCS level? I’ve never had the opportunity to watch him play but love the idea of a local QB making it.

32 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Do you think Pearce Parks lands at the FCS level? I’ve never had the opportunity to watch him play but love the idea of a local QB making it.

Maybe, probably in the waiting game now as Most FCS teams have their top QB offers out.  I could see PWO for FCS; he has several D2 offers currently 

10 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think he will be following Walters to SDSU. And yet another GF kid leaves town.

On 6/13/2024 at 6:24 PM, AJS said:

talked to my rrhs source........absolute choke job (ralston voice) on jb..........they just "assumed" he wanted to go to und.....half ass recruiting.  ndsu was wishy washy with him so they didn't get him....sdsu wanted him more and he signed up.

total bs....this kid should be a und recruit thru and thru ............but maybe next decade we can get a staff that FIGHTS for local kids.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

talked to my rrhs source........absolute choke job (ralston voice) on jb..........they just "assumed" he wanted to go to und.....half ass recruiting.  ndsu was wishy washy with him so they didn't get him....sdsu wanted him more and he signed up.

total bs....this kid should be a und recruit thru and thru ............but maybe next decade we can get a staff that FIGHTS for local kids.

I almost guarantee the difference was Danny. If he was here, JB would be here. Is what it is, we move on. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I almost guarantee the difference was Danny. If he was here, JB would be here. Is what it is, we move on. 

So he had more loyalty to a coach who had moved on rather than the school he grew up watching?  Says a lot about the state of the program. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/13/2024 at 9:21 PM, nodak651 said:

Still can't believe we fumbled Freund away to another FCS school.  

Yes, but it is reality now, unbelievably. And yet all you bubba lover boys still think he’s a “leader of men”. Couldn’t even lead his own grown adult coaches…

5 hours ago, NDRA said:

So he had more loyalty to a coach who had moved on rather than the school he grew up watching?  Says a lot about the state of the program. 

It’s in shambles. Yet, extend the cause (Bubba) … and Chaves sticks his neck out for it too interestingly. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 6:24 PM, AJS said:

How do you lose this guy

his major will be mechanical engineering and aerospace

is sdsu known as an aerospace school?