SiouxSports.com Forum

2025 Recruiting

geaux_sioux

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

I would offer this kid as soon as allowed by NCAA. I would keep an eye on the brother who is a freshman. 

Wait why can’t they offer him? He’s a junior right so can’t they offer now?

Him and Pearce Parks twitter is loaded with NDSU and SDSU stuff. Really disappointing. 

On 11/10/2023 at 1:27 PM, AJS said:

I would like to see UND get more aggressive with offers, especially with the bigger names locally / state-wide. Can't hurt to be first every once and a while. 

Logan Conklin from Minot has picked up an NDSU PWO offer since his Championship game heroics on Friday night...

And crickets from UND...imo that's a mistake by us!  Honestly shouldn't have taken that long for either UND or NDSU to offer him a shot...

4 minutes ago, UND08 said:

Logan Conklin from Minot has picked up an NDSU PWO offer since his Championship game heroics on Friday night...

And crickets from UND...imo that's a mistake by us!  Honestly shouldn't have taken that long for either UND or NDSU to offer him a shot...

Looked like a decent player. 6’5” is always intriguing. 

From AA, I was at the title game and Haugo is as advertised. Paye looks the part big time but doesn’t flash much. Kuntz looks the part and made some plays. Simmers I’m not sold on as a D1 player. The NSIC would be a good level for him. Maybe he proves he’s FCS caliber and portals up?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Looked like a decent player.

From AA, I was at the title game and Haugo is as advertised. Paye looks the part big time but doesn’t flash much. Kuntz looks the part and made some plays. Simmers I’m not sold on as a D1 player. The NSIC would be a good level for him. Maybe he proves he’s FCS caliber and portals up?

I watch Conklin a lot here in Minot in both football and basketball...he's a super high motor kid with a great football body.  Not saying he's a priority full ride guy but he's very under the radar...Wanzek or Klein-esque (but better than Klein imo).  Maybe it's just my bias toward multi-sport athletes but I think he'll have a great career wherever he goes.

I watched the AA title game, but man I sure hate that division.  It's a complete afterthought in my book (partly because we have no teams out here)...Hopefully we are on Starcevic...he'd make a nice legacy recruit.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, UND08 said:

I watch Conklin a lot here in Minot in both football and basketball...he's a super high motor kid with a great football body.  Not saying he's a priority full ride guy but he's very under the radar...Wanzek or Klein-esque (but better than Klein imo).  Maybe it's just my bias toward multi-sport athletes but I think he'll have a great career wherever he goes.

I watched the AA title game, but man I sure hate that division.  It's a complete afterthought in my book (partly because we have no teams out here)...Hopefully we are on Starcevic...he'd make a nice legacy recruit.

Watching the AA game hurt a bit having played for Central in the AAA days. They looked like our jv team outside of a handful of guys. Especially on the lines. Seems like a better level for Central but i hope the new coach can build the program back up and get some bigger kids coming through as well.

• Upvote 2

So why haven’t we offered Parks or Starcevic? There’s not a rule where we can’t offer juniors, right? Sam Knuth from SD is another interesting QB in the 2025 class but I’m assuming it will be tough to get him here if the SD’s are interested. His brothers at KState after a year at Minnesota. 

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

About time. Now offer Pearce. 

The problem with QB is that most teams only bring in 1 per year compared to other positions.  Is Jake being recruited as a QB?  If so, they may hold off as UND and I assume other teams seem to go all out on their pursuit of their offered QBs.  Pearce may not be offered for a while or at all if they think Jake will take the offer.  I think the recruitment of QBs are so much different than any other position.  Take the RB position, if they have a need to bring in 2 every year, they may offer 5 or 6.  

2 minutes ago, ND1 said:

The problem with QB is that most teams only bring in 1 per year compared to other positions.  Is Jake being recruited as a QB?  If so, they may hold off as UND and I assume other teams seem to go all out on their pursuit of their offered QBs.  Pearce may not be offered for a while or at all if they think Jake will take the offer.  I think the recruitment of QBs are so much different than any other position.  Take the RB position, if they have a need to bring in 2 every year, they may offer 5 or 6.  

That’s all fair but I would think both Jake and Pearce are more of athletes. Maybe they both want to stick at QB though and having an offer out to both may rub one or the other wrongly. I just think they’re both kids that would find a way to find the field whether at QB or elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, ND1 said:

He doesn’t even list himself as a qb on his Twitter. His highlights don’t show much passing. Really hoping he’s not offered as a qb.