SiouxSports.com Forum

2025 Recruiting

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Looks like he can fling the ball around with ease.  Dare I say he looks a bit Trey Lance'ish the way he seems to throw and run with such ease and confidence.  Hopefully he wants to play with his brother, I assume he is Paine's brother.  :)

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

It is. I’ve heard he’s a good kid. Also he basically lives at Choice so he’s got good habits to go along with talent. 2 more years to develop as a qb, might be wise for UND to circle that wagons here.

Would be incredibly wise. Freund needs to keep working on this. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Red River FB has a good squad this year. Get those student-athletes on board.

Those in the know:  What has brought on the resurgence in GFRR FB?  Are they getting a good core that's coming up?  Did the move down to AA help?  

Are they going to go back up to AAA in a few years if they continue their success?

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Are they going to go back up to AAA in a few years if they continue their success?

I doubt they want to need to get more depth. They barely beat Williston and Williston has not won against a current AAA team in several years (last time they beat a current AAA team, it was Legacy in 2015 when Legacy had no Seniors because 1st varsity season)

6 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

I doubt they want to need to get more depth. They barely beat Williston and Williston has not won against a current AAA team in several years (last time they beat a current AAA team, it was Legacy in 2015 when Legacy had no Seniors because 1st varsity season)

Fair enough, guessing this is a sweet spot for the GF Schools going forward. 

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like Pearce was on the sidelines for the WIU game. Not sure how visits work or how many are allowed but he better be on the sideline this Saturday for us too. Him and Jake Starcevic both should be high priorities I would think. Both getting a lot of twitter love from NDSU as GoHawks mentioned. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2023 at 11:44 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

Those in the know:  What has brought on the resurgence in GFRR FB?  Are they getting a good core that's coming up?  Did the move down to AA help?  

There's a formula based on playoff wins that can relegate you up a class.  It's why Bismarck St. Mary's is in AAA right now.  I'm sure they'll be back down to AA when the next two-year plan comes out.