SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Wodon is dancing on the edge on purpose. 

The talks about ... whispers of tampering.
Then he mentions MSU and UND have been "aggressive" ... but then says there's no proof. 
But the mental ties have been made. 

He's trying to create guilt by inference. 

He danced right to the edge of defamation (libel, slander) but stopped just short. 

It’s also a click bait story, too. He knows that people will read it because it’s inflammatory. He’s denied on Twitter that he was accusing MSU and UND of tampering. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Goon said:

He’s denied on Twitter that he was accusing MSU and UND of tampering. 

He's correct: He didn't accuse.

He mentioned tampering and then said certain schools were "aggressive". He painted with inference. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

He mentioned tampering and then said certain schools were "aggressive". He painted with inference. 

Oh but it’s ok cause he added there’s no credible proof so it’s ok for him to write that. :silly: 

1 hour ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Oh but it’s ok cause he added there’s no credible proof so it’s ok for him to write that. :silly: 

Meanwhile the A-topic, the actual physical altercation between two actual coaches, fades to the background as soon as UND and Michigan St. are alleged to be aggressive in the portal.

Someone told me a long time ago: When you're big, you're an easy target. And when you're an easy target, expect cheap shots.

In college hockey, UND is big. 

On 5/2/2023 at 6:45 PM, brianvf said:

Because it's Wodon.

14 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

He's an absolute tool in my opinion, he knows exactly what he did, why and how to do it to avoid actual being accountable for saying it.

He's the slithering jealous worm of the college hockey media world.... 

I categorize him as basically a meth'ed out dubay with a spellchecker and the login to a  Twitter account.

7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

He's an absolute tool in my opinion, he knows exactly what he did, why and how to do it to avoid actual being accountable for saying it.

He's the slithering jealous worm of the college hockey media world.... 

I categorize him as basically a meth'ed out dubay with a spellchecker and the login to a  Twitter account.

But how do you feel about him personally?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/3/2023 at 10:57 AM, Kevin G said:

Meanwhile the A-topic, the actual physical altercation between two actual coaches, fades to the background ...

PORTAL LEADS TO PUNCHES?
Report: Lobby encounter ends in swing or shove

That's the real head and subhead. 

On 5/3/2023 at 5:48 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Wodon is dancing on the edge on purpose. 

The talks about ... whispers of tampering.
Then he mentions MSU and UND have been "aggressive" ... but then says there's no proof. 
But the mental ties have been made. 

He's trying to create guilt by inference. 

He danced right to the edge of defamation (libel, slander) but stopped just short. 

The author of the article needs to be seriously called out for his planting of a story line that seems unwarranted and speculative. Why did he pick those teams, what is his evidence?

On 5/3/2023 at 7:30 AM, SiouxFanatic said:

He has the protection of the Supreme Court case, New York Times Co. v. Sullivan; but was that one line in the story, done with malice.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Not a 2023 early departure, but what ever happened to Ethan bowen? I remember him committing to Vermont but I noticed he never even played last season.

Was wondering the same thing.

23 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Tyson Dyck to the portal…interesting late addition. Had a good year in the BC the year before.

Nineteen year old center with three years of eligibility left.  I'd say he will find a home pretty quickly.  

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Nineteen year old center with three years of eligibility left.  I'd say he will find a home pretty quickly.  

I’m assuming there’s already a home :)

sounds like either Wisco or maybe msu…but that just reading some Twitter comments

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

sounds like either Wisco or maybe msu…but that just reading some Twitter comments

Would a certain CHN writer call that tampering? 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

On CHNs last podcast of the year McMahon mentioned that every portal entrant he spoke with said they want to go to a Big Ten team. Not sure what sort of selection bias was applied, but NCHC seems to be dethroned in the eyes of current players.

19 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

On CHNs last podcast of the year McMahon mentioned that every portal entrant he spoke with said they want to go to a Big Ten team. Not sure what sort of selection bias was applied, but NCHC seems to be dethroned in the eyes of current players.

I truly think it's because of TV and NLI. As soon as hockey programs can start capitalizing on NLIs, the Big Ten is going to have a VERY wide advantage on everyone else.

18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

NIL: Name Image Likeness
NLI: National Letter of Intent

Terrible they're that close.

It's like explaining RPI at RPI. 

For example.... Michigan helps a kid get out of their NLI by offering more NIL money ;)