SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I thought Levias could have found some sort of role next year or filled a need for the team. But I hope he finds a school that he can have success at! 

I thought he possibly could do but I also felt his ceiling was limited. Not saying we couldn’t find a spot for him but don’t blame him since we could be returning almost everyone that took his playing time. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

I thought Levias had potential. Good luck to both him and Grant going forward!

me too but nothing about him really impressed me...seemed to play in slow motion but maybe coming off an injurty that is to be expected.  will be interesting to see where he ends up?  

Where do we stand officially for next year as i have it now, we have 10 players officially on the roster including NDoukou showing up enrolled. We have Norman and Danielson with year of eligibility left but both walked at the end of the year, and we have 3 open spots left. This means we have one open spot or we could have 3 open spots if Danielson and Norman don't return next year. I also wonder if NDoukou will be here next year. The make-up of the roster has changed quite a bit with us having only 4 guards on the roster now compared to last year having 7 last year. This coming year we will have already now 6 players of 6'8" or taller for next year. Also haven' heard what will be happening with our walk-on players. Still a lot of construction for the roster to be done within next 6 weeks.

On 3/21/2023 at 4:36 PM, ND-fan said:

Where do we stand officially for next year as i have it now, we have 10 players officially on the roster including NDoukou showing up enrolled. We have Norman and Danielson with year of eligibility left but both walked at the end of the year, and we have 3 open spots left. This means we have one open spot or we could have 3 open spots if Danielson and Norman don't return next year. I also wonder if NDoukou will be here next year. The make-up of the roster has changed quite a bit with us having only 4 guards on the roster now compared to last year having 7 last year. This coming year we will have already now 6 players of 6'8" or taller for next year. Also haven' heard what will be happening with our walk-on players. Still a lot of construction for the roster to be done within next 6 weeks.

Here is who is on scholarship

Trent, T, Mathews, Omot, Eaglestaff, Brooks, Doppler, Erikson, Bothun*  

*Need to wait for official work on his status as a scholarship or PWO but.. lets assume for this exercise he has one.

So that is 9 players (6 current, 3 incoming) on scholarship.  

Victor isn't coming over, he signed a pro deal over in England. 

Two players who were honored on Senior Day and are awaiting their decision on using their final year: Danielson and Norman.

So if the current roster holds as is, UND could have as little as 2 scholarships available or as many as 5**.

**If Danielson and Norman don't come back and Bothun is a PWO, that's 5.  

18 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

*Need to wait for official work on his status as a scholarship or PWO but.. lets assume for this exercise he has one.

Two players who were honored on Senior Day and are awaiting their decision on using their final year: Danielson and Norman.

So if the current roster holds as is, UND could have as little as 2 scholarships available or as many as 5**.

Danielson is back, Norman is gone

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I believe Bothun is a PWO, but I could be wrong.

Norman announced via instagram last night that he is done. 

Brady announced last week, I think, that he is coming back.

So, I believe that puts us at 4 open?

6 minutes ago, SD UND said:

I believe Bothun is a PWO, but I could be wrong.

Norman announced via instagram last night that he is done. 

Brady announced last week, I think, that he is coming back.

So, I believe that puts us at 4 open?

Got the post for Norman handy?

Do you know where Brady made his announcement?