SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

A couple of those are now on their 3rd stop. It is what it is, but not hard to see why they would be upset. 

Some of the others complaining look like they were probably told they weren't going to play at this level or they didn't fit into the new staff's plans. Looking at their stats where they currently are, that former was probably accurate and the latter happens frequently when there is a coaching change.

Other than Rebraca, has any player that left been measurably more successful than they were at UND?

Hopefully these players shared their concern with the athletic director on their way out. Because that opinion is the only one that actually matters.

• Upvote 4

Just now, jdub27 said:

Hopefully these players shared their concern with the athletic director on their way out. Because that opinion is the only one that actually matters.

You and I both know that this would do absolutely nothing. Nobody is going to believe or listen to anything the players have to say. Just sweep it under the rug. Look at what the majority of you are saying about their opinions. Everyone believes the coaches and not the players. Just the way it works in college athletics unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

You and I both know that this would do absolutely nothing. Nobody is going to believe or listen to anything the players have to say. Just sweep it under the rug. Look at what the majority of you are saying about their opinions. Everyone believes the coaches and not the players. Just the way it works in college athletics unfortunately. 

Yeah, disagree but whatever.
Some pretty serious accusations being tossed around.
Chaves follows one of the guys throwing stuff around on Twitter so I guess he'll finally get his voice heard since it supposedly didn't matter when he was here. :silly:

4 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Whether the comments are true or not. Multiple former players actually posting and liking tweets about their thoughts on social media is not a good look. Hopefully we don't see any more players transfer out soon...

Players always transfer out.  Doesn't mean DAE is justified if there are.  NDSU had a decent exodus last year - Richman's fault?  

4 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Fwiw I don’t see many current players at all liking the tweets that he got extended  only media and other coaches 

mahbe they don’t have social media

I’ll give it some more time but as of now I do not see a single player that played for Sather at UND liking the tweet. Treysen is the only current player that has

9 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I’ll give it some more time but as of now I do not see a single player that played for Sather at UND liking the tweet. Treysen is the only current player that has

If an account is private, you wouldn't see it.
BJ liked it on Instagram, so there's that I guess.
What does it mean? Nothing in the end, similar to the negative drama that's spilling everywhere.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

If an account is private, you wouldn't see it.
BJ liked it on Instagram, so there's that I guess.
What does it mean? Nothing in the end, similar to the negative drama that's spilling everywhere.

If omot liked it that’s a good sign

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ZDosch said:

Looks like most people are up to speed. Obviously, everything Desean is wrong and without merit. A few players that quite frankly weren't good enough probably don't love UND basketball, that isn't news. Marlon was overweight and ineligible when Sather got to UND and finished as an all-conference player so I don't think he has too much to be upset about. Desean hasn't been at a different school almost every year since his freshman year of high school, what do you think is the common denominator? 

I really thought about going after him on Twitter but I think it's funny how nobody is really liking or responding to the tweets. That says more than I could. 

Go coach dosch

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ZDosch said:

Looks like most people are up to speed. Obviously, everything Desean is wrong and without merit. A few players that quite frankly weren't good enough probably don't love UND basketball, that isn't news. Marlon was overweight and ineligible when Sather got to UND and finished as an all-conference player so I don't think he has too much to be upset about. Desean hasn't been at a different school almost every year since his freshman year of high school, what do you think is the common denominator? 

I really thought about going after him on Twitter but I think it's funny how nobody is really liking or responding to the tweets. That says more than I could. 

Why don't you ask Aanen Moody if it is true that Sather kicked him off the team because he had a kid? That it wasn't his decision to transfer and that Sather truly kicked him off for the kid. That will give you a lot of answers you're looking for Zach

8 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Why don't you ask Aanen Moody if it is true that Sather kicked him off the team because he had a kid? That it wasn't his decision to transfer and that Sather truly kicked him off for the kid. That will give you a lot of answers you're looking for Zach

Aanen Moody- Reliable source…LOL

41 minutes ago, ZDosch said:

You are right on DeSean.  In high school he was a cancer on the team.