SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

17 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

just-win-baby-al-davis.gif

All us UND want wins.  Quite a few wanted Sathers head because he couldn't coach, recruit  or retain talent.

So most agreed he could recruit but not retain talent.  Tyree and SD wonder boy left after being named Summit Freshmen of the year. 

Sather couldn't coach pick a starting five.

This year made a strong run with three freshman at that end of the year.  All freshman stayed 

Tyree came back and said he shouldn't have left.

Filled in more spots.

Sather will be in the top three coaches in UND history.  Bank it.

• Like 1

The Summit conference to me is looking wide open on the men's side of basketball for the coming year. NDSU looks to be the leader coming into conference this coming year but with loss of Nelson probably for the coming season are they not set to dominate Summit conference for next year. What they have is most coming back and proven coach gets his team ready by end of the season. SDSU is nearly tie with NDSU but i believe the loss of several players and they looking to freshman or new talent to fill in for coming year puts them behind a little for coming year. I believe there coaching staff are going to be challenged more this year because this first in many years they do not have proven depth and questions at several positions, but their guard play will be real strength. ORU has lost bunch of talent and will have new coaching not recipe for success. KC is unknown and could get better quick with the portal and experienced coach. Omaha could become one of the leaders we won't know until were in the season. Denver is again in transition I don't expect them to be contender next year. South Dakota is going through whole rebuild this coming year and their coach is still new because of last year's accident. WIU new coach and another rebuild there. St. Thomas will be equal or better even with loss of their star player they are building but can't play postseason basketball. UND looks like to finally starting to put the pieces together and if talent they have put together live up to their potential, they could be challenging for the top of the conference, but still very young team so there will be growing pains. Should be exciting year for UND Basketball.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

The Summit conference to me is looking wide open on the men's side of basketball for the coming year. NDSU looks to be the leader coming into conference this coming year but with loss of Nelson probably for the coming season are they not set to dominate Summit conference for next year. What they have is most coming back and proven coach gets his team ready by end of the season. SDSU is nearly tie with NDSU but i believe the loss of several players and they looking to freshman or new talent to fill in for coming year puts them behind a little for coming year. I believe there coaching staff are going to be challenged more this year because this first in many years they do not have proven depth and questions at several positions, but their guard play will be real strength. ORU has lost bunch of talent and will have new coaching not recipe for success. KC is unknown and could get better quick with the portal and experienced coach. Omaha could become one of the leaders we won't know until were in the season. Denver is again in transition I don't expect them to be contender next year. South Dakota is going through whole rebuild this coming year and their coach is still new because of last year's accident. WIU new coach and another rebuild there. St. Thomas will be equal or better even with loss of their star player they are building but can't play postseason basketball. UND looks like to finally starting to put the pieces together and if talent they have put together live up to their potential, they could be challenging for the top of the conference, but still very young team so there will be growing pains. Should be exciting year for UND Basketball.

I think NDSU will be there because Richman has shown year in and year out he will have his squad competing for the SLT championship but if Nelson doesn’t return I would put SDSU as the favorite. As you mention though, the league is certainly more wide open than it has been in the past. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Says he's 6'9", 215 pounds. Top rebounder in the junior college level and named to the all-region team. Averaged a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds per game.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Kab said:

Was he on anyone’s radar or a surprise 

It wasn’t surprise. He committed a week ago or so. One spot to fill. If Tyree is eligible, I would prioritize a shooter as people have mentioned many times. If you can’t find a shooter, go find a talented under the radar freshman that’s still available late in the game like Elijah Brooks was. Easier said than done, sure. 

30 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Can someone list a projected roster as it sits now?  

Seniors (including 5th years): Danielson, T

Juniors: Ihenacho, Mayar, Mathews, Amar

Sophomores: King, Eaglestaff, Brooks, Omot, Hong (PWO)

Incoming Freshman: Erikson, Doppler, Bothum (PWO), Kraft (PWO)

1 open spot left

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UND1981 said:

Bison and SDSU seem to find big guys which is a key to their success.

Finding them is one thing but developing them is another.  They both have done an excellent job in developing bigs.

UND has done well too with Avants, Rebraca, Brekke, but they have had better luck with guards. 

15 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Finding them is one thing but developing them is another.  They both have done an excellent job in developing bigs.

UND has done well too with Avants, Rebraca, Brekke, but they have had better luck with guards. 

shanks.......dawhoops!

18 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Right now, there are 24 games that are confirmed (some without dates) on the schedule.  It could be 26 if the BSC-Summit Challenge still happens. 

Where is the schedule ?

• 4 weeks later...