SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

Moody was a headcase. When things were going good for him he was a wonderful person and teammate. But most of the time things weren’t always going great and then he wasn’t such a wonderful team player. Most of the time he spent looking at box scores at his stats. He is not a reliable reference for anybody. 

9 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

There is absolutely no way you believe Sather sat Moody down and said "you've got a kid now, so get lost". Just no chance you believe that.

I've heard worse things out of coaches mouths before....

Again, like I've said earlier, not saying everything tweeted/commented is 100% true. But now that multiple former players have said stuff or liked what was said, it isn't a good look. That's a fact no matter how you want to look at it. 

5 minutes ago, ZDosch said:

I don't think there's a need to pile on Moody, he and the coach just didn't see eye to eye on the path going forward so it was best for him to go somewhere else. He has clearly moved on and had a nice year at Montana. Good for him. At least he's not living in the past and trapped in a glass case of emotion like Desean.

Watched a game and the announcers said he picked Montana because the coach welcomed him with his kids, apparently there were a few in that situation and Montana placed a high value on family

he was playing good that night, didn’t recognize him at first with the braids 

A lot of you never played college athletics and it shows. I once had a coach tell a kid who never had a dad in his life “I’m your daddy now”. That coach will probably be in the hall of fame at that school and is loved in the community. College athletics is nasty behind closed doors 

1 minute ago, GoodGood said:

A lot of you never played college athletics and it shows. I once had a coach tell a kid who never had a dad in his life “I’m your daddy now”. That coach will probably be in the hall of fame at that school and is loved in the community. College athletics is nasty behind closed doors 

I've had coaches say a lot worse to me and I would lace up tomorrow and do it all over again. 

35 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I mean sure, whatever. Thanks for gracing us with your expertise. What level did you play at again so we know how much to take your opinion into account since that's apparently the measuring stick?
Stepping aside and saying maybe some of it is accurate, if college athletics are such a harsh reality and so nasty, why does someone who hasn't been on campus for multiple years and has moved on (twice) need to try to air dirty laundry? Why are you making such a big deal out of the comments that were made? Why do the opinions of those who were asked to move on matter so much? Seems more personal than anything because, as you've said, it is supposedly the norm in college athletics. 

Still don't buy a good chunk of the accusations, but whatever. Coach got the extension he deserved. Retain and build from there.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I mean sure, whatever. Thanks for gracing us with your expertise. What level did you play at again so we know how much to take your opinion into account since that's apparently the measuring stick?
Stepping aside and saying maybe some of it is accurate, if college athletics are such a harsh reality and so nasty, why does someone who hasn't been on campus for multiple years and has moved on (twice) need to try to air dirty laundry? Why are you making such a big deal out of the comments that were made? Why do the opinions of those who were asked to move on matter so much? Seems more personal than anything because, as you've said, it is supposedly the norm in college athletics. 

Still don't buy a good chunk of the accusations, but whatever. Coach got the extension he deserved. Retain and build from there.

I mean sure, whatever. Thank you for sharing your opinions with us.

Why do you care so much about what other people care about? It is such weird behavior from a grown adult.

14 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Why do you care so much about what other people care about? It is such weird behavior from a grown adult.

Why can't you answer any of the questions I asked?
I mean you put your opinions out there, with conviction, why is it weird that someone wants to ask you the expand on it?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I do need to say it's quite strange you and Good show up in full force at same time this year.

All negative against Sather in a contract year. Seems a bit too coordinated for me.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I do need to say it's quite strange you and Good show up in full force at same time this year.

All negative against Sather in a contract year. Seems a bit too coordinated for me.  

I think the most negative thing I’ve said today is “Some interesting reactions from formers players”. Really laid it on Sather. Some harsh comments from  Hoopsfan03, I mean McBuckets, I mean GoodGood

3 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I think the most negative thing I’ve said today is “Some interesting reactions from formers players”. Really laid it on Sather. Some harsh comments from  Hoopsfan03, I mean McBuckets, I mean GoodGood

Certainly not a positive comment. But you know that.

Are we to assume you are a fan of Sather then and agree with the extension?

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

I literally do not care who the coach is. Just win. And if you don’t win, at least be entertaining 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

You can assume whatever you want. But at the end of the day my opinion is incorrect. Your opinion is incorrect. Everyone's opinions are incorrect. The only opinion that is correct is @jdub27 and Sather's bodyguard, SD

Now, let's drop this and talk about how UND can find a way to be competitive in the 2023-2024 season like this forum page is intended for. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Why don't you ask Aanen Moody if it is true that Sather kicked him off the team because he had a kid? That it wasn't his decision to transfer and that Sather truly kicked him off for the kid. That will give you a lot of answers you're looking for Zach

I didn't realize Moody had a kid until this year. I wanted to see him do well at UND but I had always assumed they parted ways because Moody either wasn't interested in or capable of guarding anyone.

Just now, HoopsFan03 said:

You can assume whatever you want. But at the end of the day my opinion is incorrect. Your opinion is incorrect. Everyone's opinions are incorrect. The only opinion that is correct is @jdub27 and Sather's bodyguard, SD

Now, let's drop this and talk about how UND can find a way to be competitive in the 2023-2024 season like this forum page is intended for. 

I agree, everyone needs to stop the B****ing and lets talk hoops and recruits. UND needs a 5 or a very strong 4 to help T slide to the 4 or BJ to the 3. Any names floating out there? Who's got eyes on Herbst??? Man is a machine!

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Careful Hoops.. you're gettin awfully close to interacting with me again.

• Downvote 1