SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

12 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

You can assume whatever you want. But at the end of the day my opinion is incorrect. Your opinion is incorrect. Everyone's opinions are incorrect. The only opinion that is correct is @jdub27 and Sather's bodyguard, SD

Pretty thin skinned for a guy who's been through the nastiness of college athletics. But I digress. 

Retain and build.

5 hours ago, jdub27 said:

A couple of those are now on their 3rd stop. It is what it is, but not hard to see why they would be upset. 

Some of the others complaining look like they were probably told they weren't going to play at this level or they didn't fit into the new staff's plans. Looking at their stats where they currently are, that former was probably accurate and the latter happens frequently when there is a coaching change.

Other than Rebraca, has any player that left been measurably more successful than they were at UND?

Hopefully these players shared their concern with the athletic director on their way out. Because that opinion is the only one that actually matters.

Moody has definitely been more successful. Burns had a nice year at USD obviously his numbers were going to be down. I can't remember if Ihenacho got hurt this year or last year at James Madison but haven't heard much from him since. 

It is interesting to read all the hate towards the players that leave It is interesting to read all the hate towards the players that leave. Now I understand when someone leaves the program you're not going to like it or be a fan of that player but just seems extra at times. Hope the guys that leave and had left UND can find success somewhere else and I'll always cheer on the North Dakota kids where every they play. My main focus will be on the guys that are on the team competing in the green jersey and focusing on getting some transfers to help get to the top half of the conference.

Just now, McBuckets said:

It is interesting to read all the hate towards the players that leave It is interesting to read all the hate towards the players that leave. Now I understand when someone leaves the program you're not going to like it or be a fan of that player but just seems extra at times. Hope the guys that leave and had left UND can find success somewhere else and I'll always cheer on the North Dakota kids where every they play. My main focus will be on the guys that are on the team competing in the green jersey and focusing on getting some transfers to help get to the top half of the conference.

I'm not going to pretend to know more than I do about the situation like others seem to do. Not sure was happened with DAEs time at UND, Moody leaving, or any of the other guys. I really enjoyed watching Moody play for UND and think he would have been a good asset on the team. On here we can all talk hoops and speculate but at the end of the day none of us are on the team and don't know what is going on in the locker room day to day. 

10 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

You're the Kendrick Perkins of UND media

Yeah he is! Probably not a good look for one of our reporters and a Midco reporter to be beefing with a former player on Twitter. Really not a good look for any parties involved. 

With Sather extended I know three things:

- the staff won’t be Hoop, Good, and McB next season, and

- we won’t have some new staff made up of guys with only NAIA experience next year, and

- Sather will still be under the microscope. 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

- we won’t have some new staff made up of guys with only NAIA experience next year, and

Dang! You didn’t have to call me out like that! I’m still a little sensitive about the fact that I won’t be hired as the new coach! 

17 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I loved watching Moody bomb 3's.  Such a quick release.

He does a good job of getting them off even while contested especially with his midrange pull up. Not always the best shot selection but when they go in can't complain 

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I would like to officially announce that I will be putting my name in the hat to join Sather's staff this upcoming season. Let me know where to send my resume. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Dang! You didn’t have to call me out like that! I’m still a little sensitive about the fact that I won’t be hired as the new coach! 

But nothing stops you from keeping your personal dream alive. 

18 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

I would like to officially announce that I will be putting my name in the hat to join Sather's staff this upcoming season. Let me know where to send my resume. 

Won’t meet criteria as I called out all three screen names; all or nothing. Gotta set a high goal or none at all. 

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

Won’t meet criteria as I called out all three screen names; all or nothing. Gotta set a high goal or none at all. 

You haven't seen my resume yet though?

I would like to officially announce that I will be putting my name in the hat to become with new UND men's basketball coach. I would also like to offer assistant coaching positions to @HoopsFan03 @GoodGood and also offer @jdub27 the position of Director of Basketball Operations. Let me know where to send my resume. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Saw Walters play at the NAIA tonight.  He had a nice game.  Scored 26 or so, but I'm not sure that he's the back-to-the basket 5 that we're looking for.  Good shooting touch, but I don't think he has enough beef to be the force that we need on the inside to compete with the other bigs in the Summit.  JMO

28 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Saw Walters play at the NAIA tonight.  He had a nice game.  Scored 26 or so, but I'm not sure that he's the back-to-the basket 5 that we're looking for.  Good shooting touch, but I don't think he has enough beef to be the force that we need on the inside to compete with the other bigs in the Summit.  JMO

I'm not sure what we'll be looking for in the portal. I don't think that T is big enough, especially on the defensive side of the ball, to consistently match up with the better 5s in the league. I also don't think he's mobile or skilled enough to slide to the 4. I think they'll have to try find a 4 and roll with T and hope that Matthews can get healthy and take a big step forward next year. 

2 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I'm not sure what we'll be looking for in the portal. I don't think that T is big enough, especially on the defensive side of the ball, to consistently match up with the better 5s in the league. I also don't think he's mobile or skilled enough to slide to the 4. I think they'll have to try find a 4 and roll with T and hope that Matthews can get healthy and take a big step forward next year. 

With the outside shot that he developed this season, I think there's a chance that he could play the 4, but he'd also need to develop a 15-20 ft. jumper.  However, I think his best spot is the 5, especially if he puts on a few more pounds and continues to develop.  Turned into a great asset this season.

Just now, MoSiouxFan said:

With the outside shot that he developed this season, I think there's a chance that he could play the 4, but he'd also need to develop a 15-20 ft. jumper.  However, I think his best spot is the 5, especially if he puts on a few more pounds and continues to develop.  Turned into a great asset this season.

No defiantly, T really improved and is a good player to have. His ability to space the floor allowed us to play other players who couldn't shoot. He just isn't much of a presence on defense. I think they'll have to find a 4 in the portal and I don't think Walters is that. I'm interested in seeing what type of player they go after to fill that spot.