SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Recruiting

Hardcore Hawk

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Not yet

Well damn.  When is it gonna start as it looks like the top talent in the state is going south.  I know they messed up on Belquist but it seems like the pattern is continuing?

1 hour ago, NDRA said:

Well damn.  When is it gonna start as it looks like the top talent in the state is going south.  I know they messed up on Belquist but it seems like the pattern is continuing?

Got to beat them. Simple as that. We need a connection to get the top talent over a Ag U offer.

1 hour ago, NDRA said:

You mean the kids that have always dreamed of going to NDSU?  Crazy how we missed out

5 hours ago, NDRA said:

Getting recruits is one thing, using them successfully and keeping them for the next season is something else and both those last two items seem to be a lost art at NDSU.  As long as they have clueless coaches and an AD they are still very beatable.

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We are not now the in-state university of choice. Things change though. I am getter older as I wait.

That's not a blanket statement.
It is what is. Beat them on the field, where it actually matters.

8 hours ago, Hawkster said:

Getting recruits is one thing, using them successfully and keeping them for the next season is something else and both those last two items seem to be a lost art at NDSU.  As long as they have clueless coaches and an AD they are still very beatable.

LOL - You don't know what you're talking about.  No FCS program develops players better than SU.

9 hours ago, Hawkster said:

What a weird post. 

6 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

LOL - You don't know what you're talking about.  No FCS program develops players better than SU.

I didn't say develop, I said keep them in the program.   Seems you boys lost a lot of good players to the portal this year.  

23 hours ago, Hawkster said:

I would suggest their results don’t support that statement. They have lost some, but not many of their difference makers. I’m not sure the rest of the college world would describe their coaches or AD as clueless.  They are beatable but it will be no easy task and we would have to be at our best. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Really happy for Erick. Great kid. Wants to play basketball at the next level but football coaches showing much more interest in him. 

Great kid that looks the part… but this one is a head scratcher if you have watched him play. 

10 hours ago, ND1 said:

Great kid that looks the part… but this one is a head scratcher if you have watched him play. 

Could you elaborate for those of us who haven't seen him play? Head scratcher because he isn't D1 talent? Because he is a better basketball player? Because it is only his first offer?

20 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Could you elaborate for those of us who haven't seen him play? Head scratcher because he isn't D1 talent? Because he is a better basketball player? Because it is only his first offer?

I have not seen him play football but heard he’s raw. Basically betting on body type/freak athlete. He wants to play basketball but he’s a 6’4” PF/C so that’s limiting interest there

11 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I have not seen him play football but heard he’s raw. Basically betting on body type/freak athlete. He wants to play basketball but he’s a 6’4” PF/C so that’s limiting interest there

Good take… you don’t really notice him on the field, not aggressive. 

Regarding Paye, the thing to keep in mind is that prior to last season, I don't think he'd played football since 7th grade. So yes, he's raw. But if you watch him play basketball, you'll quickly understand what football coaches can see in him. Freakish athlete and extremely strong. Reminds me of Jimmy K on the basketball court in high school. The fact that he's gotten two college football offers this week (MSU-Moorhead being the other) leads me to think he's been pretty impressive at some football camps. I think GFC was at a UND camp this week.

I know little about Erick Paye, but he definitely was at UND FB camp with GFC, and thus staff decided to offer. He is raw for sure, but he has the measurables you can’t teach and he’s a local kid. An absolute must in terms of offering given the potential and the fact he’s a local student-athlete. Hope he commits to UND, and hope other programs don’t go sniffing around.