SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

Just now, Goon said:

Last year we picked up those games after Cornell backed out of the series because they had a scheduling conflict. 

Well technically Cornell didn’t back out, it was just rescheduled for next season. But otherwise yes, you are correct. It was just an agreement for 2 games last year but so far no additional games against Lindenwood are announced. 

12 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Well technically Cornell didn’t back out, it was just rescheduled for next season. But otherwise yes, you are correct. It was just an agreement for 2 games last year but so far no additional games against Lindenwood are announced. 

I don't think they plan to schedule any in the near future either. 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I like the UNO Fans. I don't like their hockey team. 

I can’t stand UNO fans because all they do is complain about UND’s team, UND fans, and the fact that they get to live in Nebraska instead of Grand Forks. 

They also have blocked me on Twitter despite me not following anyone connected to UNO  :silly:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Schloss latest podcast went over all the other teams in the NCHC, and unlike the SCSU podcast, he actually seems to know what he's talking about when discussing other teams and their losses and incoming players.  :D ;) 

They're gonna cover UND in more detail on the next podcast, but he did take the time to mention...once again...how great Perron looks in the practices.
He seems genuinely excited to see what he can do once the season actually starts.
So I'll take that as a good sign.  ;) 

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2023 at 7:20 AM, Sodbuster said:

It's about mid September and we really haven't heard a lot about how things look during these short practices they've been having. And the Manitoba game isn't that far away.

Yes it would be nice how short practices are going - BUT CAN NOT WAIT to see Manitoba - HOCKEY IS ON ITS WAY.

• Upvote 2

UND set to play two series against Clarkson in a couple years:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-set-to-play-clarkson-in-pair-of-future-hockey-series?fbclid=IwAR36zUjdQNRvRMtzjO3wglZGimBDMJA6icvDPArPqduGg0jnx5bKjEM0yXM

UND and Clarkson have signed a contract to play a pair of future hockey series.

The Fighting Hawks and Golden Knights will play in Cheel Campus Center in Potsdam, N.Y., during the 2025-26 season. It will mark UND's first trip to Potsdam since October 1999.

Clarkson will make a return trip to Grand Forks during the 2026-27 season to play a two-game series in Ralph Engelstad Arena. Clarkson's last time in Grand Forks was November 1998.

Outside of those series, and the Winnipeg game, the teams have only played one other series — the 1982 NCAA tournament in Grand Forks.