SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ OMAHA! OMAHA! - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

7 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Pretty solid in all areas. One of the better dzone games this team has played all year, not many grade As for Omaha at all. 
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Hellsten tomorrow night.

Liked Ness and James game tonight.

James is about to explode. Some guys need a few games to adjust to the speed. Soon.

• Upvote 1

Midco was very clear tonight, I just wish they had a shot clock that showed, only saw the shots on goal a couple of times during the game.  Didn't Gabor have the goal that was called off because of offsides?  There went his hat trick.   Also, shortly before Farmer's penalty, I thought I saw a contact to the head against us while play was at the center of the rink.  Anyone else see that?

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Boy Berry was throwing caufield out every other at the end there trying to get him a point. Got to feel for him a bit at this point.

One can only hope once he and Costantini get going we will be that much better five on five.  Need those guys to step up.

Possibly our best game of the season. Boys had jump from the drop and carried play all game long. Solid possession throughout.

DeRidder was great once again. He's our guy. Let him ride.

Gaber did Gaber things and that was fantastic. Honestly could have had a hatty+ tonight.

Judd had his best game of the season. Keep going, young man. We need you.

James is primed to get real hot. He was everywhere tonight. I liked that line.

Goodness, the refs wanted to be involved tonight. A couple real and dumb penalties by our boys, but some just flat out weak calls, too. WAY too many reviews. 

Much needed win after Vegas. Finish the weekend tomorrow. No reason Omaha should beat us if we play like we did tonight. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

So the quality of the feed is too bad to see the hit was in the back, but the feed is good enough to see it was shoulder to shoulder?

Even if it was a hit to the back, he was facing open ice. UNO player took a bad bounce toward the boards. It would still be a 2 minute CFB not a major. Show me where he drives the UNO player into the boards. I just didn’t see it and I always try to be impartial on these kinds of calls.