SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ OMAHA! OMAHA! - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

9 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Pretty solid in all areas. One of the better dzone games this team has played all year, not many grade As for Omaha at all. 
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Hellsten tomorrow night.

Liked Ness and James game tonight.

Sure…a wins a wins at the college level. And this is going to sound negative so I’ll take the heat, I’m a big boy :). But I was not impressed whatsoever by Omaha. They don’t come across as a good team at all. After looking at their schedule/record, oof. This is not a very good team. Nice MSU win I suppose.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Sure…a wins a wins at the college level. And this is going to sound negative so I’ll take the heat, I’m a big boy :). But I was not impressed whatsoever by Omaha. They don’t come across as a good team at all. After looking at their schedule/record, oof. This is not a very good team. Nice MSU win I suppose.

I tweeted last night; I don't recognize many names on the Mavericks at all, except for a couple. Their goalie isn't very good, he was popping out juicy rebounds. I thought UND played well last night. 

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I have watched them, they’re not ‘bad’, just young. I said it before. Unfortunately for them, they lost their entire leadership group this past year. Several juniors and seniors as well as both quality goal tenders. They didn’t really get much in the portal, a big mistake on Gabinets part. He will need to learn from this. They sit two years from competitive, and that is if this freshmen class hangs in. These days who knows…

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I think a lot of this is on Stu.  You have to play structure based on the group you have.  Playing a two man aggressive forecheck is sexy for the fans, but if F1 and F2 get beat, get caught low and the puck goes the other way you aren't forcing your opponent to ever dump the puck at your blue line.

I love to watch wide open hockey, but if UND is playing the 1980 red army team we are playing a 1-2-2 and not letting them to carry the puck in every time. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Agreed, need to finish the job tonight

50 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think a lot of this is on Stu.  You have to play structure based on the group you have.  Playing a two man aggressive forecheck is sexy for the fans, but if F1 and F2 get beat, get caught low and the puck goes the other way you aren't forcing your opponent to ever dump the puck at your blue line.

I love to watch wide open hockey, but if UND is playing the 1980 red army team we are playing a 1-2-2 and not letting them to carry the puck in every time. 

Stu may have thought “if the gophers can do it, we can too!” No, no you can’t.

18 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

My dad intimated that from what he heard about Tychonick’s post game interview, that he really dislikes UND. Did anyone hear the interview and your impressions?

Is he still mad that UND broke up with him?;)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ChetSteadman said:

Is it too early to start pissing and moaning about the refs for tonight’s game?

What was most frustrating to me was the linesmen trying to make themselves a focal point by not dropping the puck. Can’t imagine if you are one of the faceoff men and have to deal with that, especially with the threat of a delay of game penalty looming while the ref is playing a game of Simon says. 

• Upvote 1