SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Indiana State 11/05/22

SiouxFan100

11 minutes ago, homer said:

Circles……team is 6-3 playing the 5th toughest schedule in the country with a roster of D2 players and coaches who can’t coach or recruit.  But Bubba is going to Bubba and you are going to sit and wait to say I told you so. 

Excellent synopsis.   it gets old repeating the circles.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Want to talk about irony: you realize you’re the leader of the SS.com internet faithful on here, right? You should probably be more aware of your social media role (although I’m sure you are aware and don’t let on). For someone who aimlessly bashes social media, you still make a consistent presence. 

Sure, the posters with their anonymous  profiles don’t set the expectations, but you obviously know these “fans” who post on here are important components of UND football. Some, if not most, extend beyond their social media presence. They provide financial support, they fill the seats, they support not only current student-athletes but also the future ones, and therefore are crucial to the lifeblood and future of the program. That future of the program is also closely tied to the expectations. And yes, some posters are former players and alumni to UND and the football program. Some represent what they post. 

But, hey, I don’t expect you to listen to too much of this.  You’re set in your ways, whether right or wrong. UND football needs to continue to ascend. And I’m here for it, whether you like it or not, with my presence well beyond social media, if that makes you feel better.

For the most part, we all want the same thing: UND football to be successful, so to continue to talk in circles on here is laughable. Just the foundation of online forums, I’m afraid.

Truth hurts? Seriously you have the worst attitude of anyone on this site!

and that leads me to the latest update of the Sioux Sports Worst Top 10

starting off at the top…..

1. UND FB Fan

2. SiouxFan97

3. Midwestern Hawk ( still near the top even without posting anything negative today)

4. Sioux Fan Since 1990

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

1. UND FB Fan

2. SiouxFan97

3. Midwestern Hawk ( still near the top even without posting anything negative today)

4. Sioux Fan Since 1990

Worst Top 10? You mean, once again, the truth hurts? Again, irony. You said truth hurts but then followed that up with a list of honest posters who frequent the site. It’s not all flowers and rainbows; too bad the prerequisite on this site is you’re only allowed to say fluffy kind things otherwise you’re in the “worst top 10”. No honesty allowed or it might hurt someone’s feelings.

There’s certainly a fair share of wannabes and sensitive folk around here, and you’re one of them. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, homer said:

Circles……team is 6-3 playing the 5th toughest schedule in the country with a roster of D2 players and coaches who can’t coach or recruit.  But Bubba is going to Bubba and you are going to sit and wait to say I told you so. 

You can take me out of the crosshairs any second now and start talking about things people actually care about. Glad you take such detailed notes, though; that’s kind of flattering. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

1. UND FB Fan

2. SiouxFan97

4. Sioux Fan Since 1990

i guess you don't leave the FB page that much.....

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You can take me out of the crosshairs any second now and start talking about things people actually care about. Glad you take such detailed notes, though; that’s kind of flattering. 

No need to take notes.....you beat the same dead horse weekly, we've all got it memorized.  

• Upvote 4

Want to talk about irony: you realize you’re the leader of the SS.com internet faithful on here, right? You should probably be more aware of your social media role (although I’m sure you are aware and don’t let on). For someone who aimlessly bashes social media, you still make a consistent presence. 

Sure, the posters with their anonymous  profiles don’t set the expectations, but you obviously know these “fans” who post on here are important components of UND football. Some, if not most, extend beyond their social media presence. They provide financial support, they fill the seats, they support not only current student-athletes but also the future ones, and therefore are crucial to the lifeblood and future of the program. That future of the program is also closely tied to the expectations. And yes, some posters are former players and alumni to UND and the football program. Some represent what they post. 

But, hey, I don’t expect you to listen to too much of this.  You’re set in your ways, whether right or wrong. UND football needs to continue to ascend. And I’m here for it, whether you like it or not, with my presence well beyond social media, if that makes you feel better.

For the most part, we all want the same thing: UND football to be successful, so to continue to talk in circles on here is laughable. Just the foundation of online forums, I’m afraid.

I’m not leading anyone here. I’m not sure I know who is who on this site.   I’m not bashing social media, but it isn’t the vehicle to affect change in our athletic programs. Also, I have no issues with your opinions or others. They are as valid as mine. But I would hope you understand my opinions and the opinions of others are as valid as yours. You are correct in that we all want Championships. We may disagree on the path to get there and clearly some of us get tired of the repeated, almost constant criticism of coaches for anything that doesn’t go well. I happen to fail to see the purpose especially when we have been playing better and making progress. My opinion is we assess the need for change at the end of each season including evaluating coaches. Every fan base has fans similar to ours. But give some thought to the criticisms of those who have a more positive opinion of where we are and where we are going and then the response when those critics are challenged. You and most here are much more important to our University and athletic teams because odds are that you all will likely be around longer than I. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Worst Top 10? You mean, once again, the truth hurts? Again, irony. You said truth hurts but then followed that up with a list of honest posters who frequent the site. It’s not all flowers and rainbows; too bad the prerequisite on this site is you’re only allowed to say fluffy kind things otherwise you’re in the “worst top 10”. No honesty allowed or it might hurt someone’s feelings.

There’s certainly a fair share of wannabes and sensitive folk around here, and you’re one of them. 

Circle up again.

• Upvote 1

Fluffy???? Fluffy???!!!! This is not the FCS Coaches poll…..

it is about as respected of a poll as they get! thanks for proving my point 

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i guess you don't leave the FB page that much.....

Not to the hockey forums, this part of the year is boring, only part of the season that matters to me is March and April! Who cares what happens in the regular season, post season is where it counts and what we remember!

9 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Fluffy???? Fluffy???!!!! This is not the FCS Coaches poll…..

it is about as respected of a poll as they get! thanks for proving my point 

You haven’t proven a single thing.

FCS coaches poll vs your SS.com worst top 10? What kind of comparison is that? This is ridiculous.

24 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Wasn't it just last year Midwestern Hawk was constantly bashing the guy?

And now this year he's breaking records.

I had to look back when Tommy first signed. It was interesting hearing comments on his potential of being a good QB, while some saying he is D2 kid or there maybe something wrong if he was Michigan player of the year and no D1 offers. 

5 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

I had to look back when Tommy first signed. It was interesting hearing comments on his potential of being a good QB, while some saying he is D2 kid or there maybe something wrong if he was Michigan player of the year and no D1 offers. 

I’ve been in Tommy’s corner the whole time, but there’s no doubt he’s elevated his game this season over previous. I never really thought his criticisms were warranted, but I must say it’s been so nice this year no one is questioning who the starting quarterback should be. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I’ve been in Tommy’s corner the whole time, but there’s no doubt he’s elevated his game this season over previous. I never really thought his criticisms were warranted, but I must say it’s been so nice this year no one is questioning who the starting quarterback should be. 

Saw that you said he could be a 3 to 4 year starter at UND, when I saw that I thought you were a psychic. 

What a great three phase win. Winning by that margin, gives at least me and extra level of excitement for next week. Is a dominant performance going to give the defense confidence? Can they follow up their best performance with an equally impressive effort against USD? I cannot wait.

• Upvote 2