SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Indiana State 11/05/22

SiouxFan100

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Is a dominant performance going to give the defense confidence?

I didn't get to watch the game, only saw highlights, so did the defense actually look legit, or was it because of the ineptitude of the opponent?  Or maybe a little of both?  I do hope, too, that a game where it all comes together might be just what it takes for the lights to come on.

15 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I didn't get to watch the game, only saw highlights, so did the defense actually look legit, or was it because of the ineptitude of the opponent?  Or maybe a little of both?  I do hope, too, that a game where it all comes together might be just what it takes for the lights to come on.

I would say a little bit of both would be accurate. Ultimately where I fall is giving up 7 points against any scholarship FCS program is impressive. 

34 minutes ago, Dustin said:

UND offense got on a roll and made them one dimensional.  Helped with pass rush.

11 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

UND offense got on a roll and made them one dimensional.  Helped with pass rush.

Interesting to think about.  Wasn't/Isn't the pass defense a susceptible area?  But maybe since they knew the opponent was in pass mode, it made it easier to defend.  I do think this is the recipe for winning moving forward - offense scores regularly and forces opponents into a one dimensional offense.

29 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This team turned another page on the way to a successful FB program.
Winning on the road has been a challenge, winning big is a bigger step.

As Young as this team is to get as few penalties as they do is huge.  Confidence and discipline is why we are winning the close games this year.