SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Bye Week 10/15/22

SiouxFan100

6 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I don't know but I heard he maybe done for the year.  A medical redshirt would be huge for next tesr.

Not questioning you, but Miller said in his writeup yesterday that Fort was the only one out for today's game?  Maybe he just forgot about Skokna.

Just now, MoSiouxFan said:

Not questioning you, but Miller said in his writeup yesterday that Fort was the only one out for today's game?  Maybe he just forgot about Skokna.

I saw that in another report.  Maybe UND360footbal, or on the radio.  Last week on the sidelines not dressed.  No idea this week.

Really good spot to be in heading to the bye week. We’re definitely set up nicely for the second half of the season. Offense has been the shining star, IMO. I’ve always liked Tommy, but his play this year has been the difference maker. My favorite part of the threads this year is that no one is wondering how good the backup QB is. Lots of weapons to distribute the ball to, and that has got to be challenging for opposing defenses. Speaking of defense, I’m still concerned about ours, though. Giving up touchdowns right before halftime and right after our huge blocked punt didn’t give me any warm fuzzies that the defense is getting better. They still had to make a game saving play at the end of the fourth quarter to secure a victory (so some kudos is due there).  Special Teams has been average. I wouldn’t want to rely on them to make a game changing impact every game. We were lucky they did so last night.

31 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bye State is gonna drop 30 on our “d”

This could happen in the Polls, in a proxy sort of way… if our past opponents, for the most part, continue to suck it up. Sam Herder has, at least once in the past 24 hours, downgraded our status due to the performance of our opponents, to date.  Of course no mention that the opponents of the #1 team in the nation are a combined 9-20. Our opponents are a hair better 15-20 overall. This will all correct itself in the coming weeks through head to head match ups in the MVFC. 

Oh and screw the polls!  Especially the coaches’ poll. 

1 hour ago, FSSD said:

SIU has a strong chance to win the MVFC this year.  But, SIU's out of conference results are extremely poor (WAC Incarnate Word 64-29 and OVC SE Mo St 34 - 31).  Does the MVFC only get 3 teams in this year?

Five.