SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Bye Week 10/15/22

SiouxFan100

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Five.

I'm splitting the difference here and saying 4.

SDSU and NDSU are the obvious 2 locks unless something drastic happens.

SIU should win 8 games if they beat the teams it should.

UND should have 7 wins if they beat the teams it should.

The 5th team will be tough. ISU-Red might have the best shot at getting to 7-4 if they beat the teams they should.  Mo State, UNI, and USD* have to win out to get to 7 and since they all play each other still, 2 of them will be knocked out for sure. YSU has a tough finish with ISU-Red, Mo State, and SIU finish.  

Think there will be a better picture in about 2 weeks on who will have a real shot and who will fall off the table.

*Crazy to say this, but out of these 3 teams... I think the Yotes could be the one to run the table. 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'm splitting the difference here and saying 4.

SDSU and NDSU are the obvious 2 locks unless something drastic happens.

SIU should win 8 games if they beat the teams it should.

UND should have 7 wins if they beat the teams it should.

The 5th team will be tough. ISU-Red might have the best shot at getting to 7-4 if they beat the teams they should.  Mo State, UNI, and USD* have to win out to get to 7 and since they all play each other still, 2 of them will be knocked out for sure. YSU has a tough finish with ISU-Red, Mo State, and SIU finish.  

Think there will be a better picture in about 2 weeks on who will have a real shot and who will fall off the table.

*Crazy to say this, but out of these 3 teams... I think the Yotes could be the one to run the table. 

ISU-Red scares me.  Since we don't play them and we both end up 7-4.  I just have a bad feeling.  MVFC not as much love from the pollsters this year.  I think we need to the Jacks to better our chances.

26 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

ISU-Red scares me.  Since we don't play them and we both end up 7-4.  I just have a bad feeling.  MVFC not as much love from the pollsters this year.  I think we need to the Jacks to better our chances.

But they probably won't have a win against a common opponent and UNDs win over Mo State should weight more than their win over Western.  Plus their non-conference hasn't been special.

I think in that situation they will take both, but I think they will stub their toe at some point and go 6-5.

21 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

But they probably won't have a win against a common opponent and UNDs win over Mo State should weight more than their win over Western.  Plus their non-conference hasn't been special.

I think in that situation they will take both, but I think they will stub their toe at some point and go 6-5.

I think they might stub their toe as well.  A couple of weeks and will see how things shake out.

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Beating the Jacks (currently #2 in the country) in a couple weeks would mean:

1) UND will make the playoffs 

2) UND will deserve to make the playoffs (top 24 team in country, hands down) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bye State is gonna drop 30 on our “d”

They're changing their name like Troy State of Alabama became just Troy U. 

And there are so many Byes we have to identify by color. This one is blue.

So we have a date with Blue Bye U ... I feel so bad I got a worried mind ... :p

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Dustin said:

So, do the boys get together and watch the SU’s battle it out?  They have to play both of them yet. Or do the coaches just take care of getting the film they want?

I'd sure think most all of them are watching it, but ya....curious if they are all watching as a group.