SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Northern Arizona 9/17/22

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, AJS said:

From where I'm at, what we're seeing is an overreaction based on the UNI game. UND's secondary is not "scary bad", they'll be just fine. Defensively as a whole they were not great against UNI. Like I said originally in this topic, I think what we'll see is that more had to do with UNI's offense (which is really good) and their O-Line (which is really good). Guess we'll see this weekend. If UND defensively looks anywhere near what they did against NAU, then I'll start to worry. 

It’s a sample size of 2. UND secondary  is number 1 culprit for UND losing to garbage Nebraska 

11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It’s a sample size of 2. UND secondary  is number 1 culprit for UND losing to garbage Nebraska 

They only gave up 193 passing yards, which isn’t terrible. Or are they most to blame for the 244 yards on the ground? Or are you really fixated on that 3rd and long completion  that Nebraska had? 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, AJS said:

They only gave up 193 passing yards, which isn’t terrible. Or are they most to blame for the 244 yards on the ground? Or are you really fixated on that 3rd and long completion  that Nebraska had? 

The entire defense has had major lapses throughout the first two games. The secondary is 1a because the 3rd and long conversion vs Nebraska was the critical play that gave away momentum for good. That same secondary gave up a 70 yard touchdown pass against UNI at the most inopportune time. With that said, the run defense/front 7 is 1b as an issue; it’s also been very suspect these first two games giving up big runs. 

2 hours ago, FSSD said:

run contain has been a bit of a problem..  I can think of 2 or 3 long TD runs already.

There are 3 long run plays atleast 2 are TDs that I remember. The 2 against Nebraska we had RB dead in his lane in the backfield, he made a complete cutback away from designed play direction and run right by defenders who thought they were behind the play and didn't seem to remain ready or were surprised he cut back. They need to remember that the play isn't over until the whistle and be ready for a cutback or reverse.