SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

10 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Hate to extrapolate FBS games, but Northwestern is horse crap , though, right? Just a little better  than putrid Neb. 

Hard to make the case Northwestern is a good football team at this point.  So far this season they came from behind to beat an awful Nebraska team,  lost to Duke and now are behind by 14 to an 0-2 FCS team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Hard to make the case Northwestern is a good football team at this point.  So far this season they came from behind to beat an awful Nebraska team,  lost to Duke and now are behind by 14 to an 0-2 FCS team.

Agreed. Just wondering if I was doing that right before SIU all of a sudden goes from suspect to world beaters. 

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

They probably caught Nebraska at just the right time.

6 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Final 31-24 SIU wins.   Wondering how many Northwestern coaches get fired come Monday.

10 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Agreed. Just wondering if I was doing that right before SIU all of a sudden goes from suspect to world beaters. 

I certainly think more of them after beating Northwestern, than I did losing 2 FCS games to start the season.   Not sure how good Northwestern is.  What happens next week in Carbondale will likely be predicated on what happens today in Flagstaff.  Go Hawks!

17 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

4 turnovers will do that too you, NW has some Future NFL linemen , their defense wasn’t anything special from what I watched 

12 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I certainly think more of them after beating Northwestern, than I did losing 2 FCS games to start the season.   Not sure how good Northwestern is.  What happens next week in Carbondale will likely be predicated on what happens today in Flagstaff.  Go Hawks!

It's also somewhat interesting being in the 3rd (4th for some) week. What came together for SIU, were their previous FCS opponents just better than Northwestern as well? Or has SIU just played much better? Beat SIU next week, and no one knows what the heck to think about the 4 teams. Just wished we played better against Nebraska in the final score category. Now 21 pt loss looks miserable.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

It's also somewhat interesting being in the 3rd (4th for some) week. What came together for SIU, were their previous FCS opponents just better than Northwestern as well? Or has SIU just played much better? Beat SIU next week, and no one knows what the heck to think about the 4 teams. Just wished we played better against Nebraska in the final score category. Now 21 pt loss looks miserable.

Good thing no one cares about that Nebraska loss at playoff selection time if we have more than 8 wins!