SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

On a more serious note,  I just don't see NIL being very big for NDSU/UND very often. Especially with collective action like promising it to incoming recruits or for nearly any G5. 

How much money are boosters willing to stuff in low level recruits pockets annually? What benefit will come of it? 

The amount of money boosters would need to pledge annually doesn't seem very feasible. 

I've seen Texas Tech and BYU are doing nice things that should basically give the kids $10-15K/year or something. That makes sense. They have a lot of alum, some of them have a lot of money. They are trying to put together a team to compete against the best teams in the country. 

NDSU/UND/regional recruiting rivals don't have that well of money available. Nor do the boosters have that incentive kf competing with something larger. 

For our schools, NIL is nice because it allows kids to make a few bucks. Get a sponsorship or something. I'm sure some of the high end hockey guys have been marketable for the hockey world. Tiktok and all that, I don't mind kids making some cash. 

I just don't see boosters at our level spending meaningful decision-changing money on a scale that's makes a big difference. Its one thing for A&M or Tennessee to drop millions of dollars to lure kids away from Alabama and compete for SEC championships. Its another for already small fanbases to dump money trying to out-do each other. 

Most G5 and probably all FCS schools don't have enough serious fans* to do that.

*caveat: barring some superdonors like Ralph.

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

On a more serious note,  I just don't see NIL being very big for NDSU/UND very often. Especially with collective action like promising it to incoming recruits or for nearly any G5. 

How much money are boosters willing to stuff in low level recruits pockets annually? What benefit will come of it? 

The amount of money boosters would need to pledge annually doesn't seem very feasible. 

I've seen Texas Tech and BYU are doing nice things that should basically give the kids $10-15K/year or something. That makes sense. They have a lot of alum, some of them have a lot of money. They are trying to put together a team to compete against the best teams in the country. 

NDSU/UND/regional recruiting rivals don't have that well of money available. Nor do the boosters have that incentive kf competing with something larger. 

For our schools, NIL is nice because it allows kids to make a few bucks. Get a sponsorship or something. I'm sure some of the high end hockey guys have been marketable for the hockey world. Tiktok and all that, I don't mind kids making some cash. 

I just don't see boosters at our level spending meaningful decision-changing money on a scale that's makes a big difference. Its one thing for A&M or Tennessee to drop millions of dollars to lure kids away from Alabama and compete for SEC championships. Its another for already small fanbases to dump money trying to out-do each other. 

Most G5 and probably all FCS schools don't have enough serious fans* to do that.

*caveat: barring some superdonors like Ralph.

t boone pickens!!!!!!!!

phil knight!

26 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Or are now allowed to do things like this: https://www.ethanfrischhockey.com/

• Upvote 1

Had bison fans around us at the football game last year 

to the point of wanting to leave the game their comments were so bad, so I can see Arizona coach giving them the bird 

they don’t have another fbs game scheduled , I could see lower g5 schools scheduling them but I doubt they want to,take those games, would be beneath them

remember they wouldn’t schedule a game with us during transition, sucks now to be on the other end for them 

I’m sure mcfooley is in a period of mourning this week , maybe coyotes can make it 2 in a row for,those buffaloes 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Kab said:

Had bison fans around us at the football game last year 

to the point of wanting to leave the game their comments were so bad, so I can see Arizona coach giving them the bird 

they don’t have another fbs game scheduled , I could see lower g5 schools scheduling them but I doubt they want to,take those games, would be beneath them

remember they wouldn’t schedule a game with us during transition, sucks now to be on the other end for them 

I’m sure mcfooley is in a period of mourning this week , maybe coyotes can make it 2 in a row for,those buffaloes 

NDSU’s constant winning has brought out the worst in many of their fans. They deserve to have 10 straight losing seasons, but perhaps I’m a bit biased …

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

NDSU’s constant winning has brought out the worst in many of their fans. They deserve to have 10 straight losing seasons, but perhaps I’m a bit biased …

doubt if jedd has ever done that at the end of a game...so it tells you something about what he thought of Matty "anti-denitite" Entz....

• Upvote 3

If the bison find a g5 conference to join I doubt that p5 schools will schedule them

i think it would be g5 schools with an occasional fcs school thrown in 

the only g5 conference that makes sense is the mountain west, at least those schools have name recognition to the locals 

who would be excited about playing the directional schools out east 

their success is their own worst enemy 

34 minutes ago, Kab said:

the only g5 conference that makes sense is the mountain west, at least those schools have name recognition to the locals 

I could argue MWC or MAC. 
Either way this region is out of footprint of both.
The most recent example of someone from this region that "out of footprint" of their conference is ... UND in the Big Sky. 

If they want more (FBS), I still say the "Great West" model (build your own toehold) is what must be done again. 

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I could argue MWC or MAC. 
Either way this region is out of footprint of both.
The most recent example of someone from this region that "out of footprint" of their conference is ... UND in the Big Sky. 

If they want more (FBS), I still say the "Great West" model (build your own toehold) is what must be done again. 

zero chance or zero chance

they will soon be pivoting imo to focusing on bball and a FULL MVC invite.....

FCS football is dead.

We don’t know what conferences will look like in 5 years

i don’t think the montanas or idahos like the thought of the dakotas in the same conference 

NIL will have a big impact on recruiting like it or not, need a BUNCH of deep pockets for NIL to work in these schools

BIG 10 hockey will have the upper hand in hockey recruiting IMHO