SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ummm...what part do you disagree with.

lupke is a stud

cam sucks

matt is a mouth breather

How was Luepke only recruited by NDSU and Northern Iowa?  Four year football starter, undefeated state champion wrestler, track star....

And he's a married man.....:glare: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I’ll agree with you to a point here. To win a national championship, you have to be “good”, whatever that word would mean. But winning alone doesn’t make you a great QB. Lots of variables in football, Cam has had an amazing team around him and a lot of QB’s would have likely won a natty with that talent around them. That said, cam actually did win a natty and in my book that has to count for something.

Best thing the Bison did last season was turning the keys over to Cam.

If Quincy was the QB all the way through last year, I doubt they win it all. 

Next week the Valley has 2 interesting matchups outside of UND.

Hate week in Brookings.  Yotes desprately need a win and have finally reached the end of the death part of their schedule, SDSU want revenge from last year's hail mary loss.  Can't afford to look ahead to the titantic showdown in Fargo.  

Springfield:  Mo State need a win to avoid going 0-3 in the Valley and getting that dreaded 4th loss.  Good news for the Bears?  The schedule really softens up after this one.  SIU has turned their season around, but really need to get this one to be in a good spot for the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Nacho said:

This may be the funniest thing I've read here,  eye on your bobber, from a guy who spends most his life monitoring an opponents message board!!

Is this a UND football thread or is it a non UND football thread? Maybe my eyes are failing me.

The internet is the internet, it doesn’t take any additional effort to type in one webpage vs another. 

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Is this a UND football thread or is it a non UND football thread? Maybe my eyes are failing me.

The internet is the internet, it doesn’t take any additional effort to type in one webpage vs another. 

Wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.

• Like 1

Mr. Chaves former organization is in a tough stretch: 

EWU is 1-3 (W over TennSt; L to Oregon, MontSt, Florida) and have Massey's 1-2-3 (Sac, Mont, Weber) left in their BSC schedule. Finding seven FCS wins for them is looking straight up hill. 

4 minutes ago, zonadub said:

2 body bag games to shore up EWU’s football budget?

Sure hope that is not Chaves’ recipe for UND. 

Where have you seen any indication that it is?
EWU's finances as an institution are a mess and have been for a while. Their previous president didn't support athletics, which I would assume is part of the reason he left there. They have done studies about dropping athletics or down to D2. Despite some funding challenges at UND, they are not in the same place.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

EWU's finances as an institution are a mess and have been for a while. Their previous president didn't support athletics, which I would assume is part of the reason he left there. They have done studies about dropping athletics or down to D2. Despite some funding challenges at UND, they are not in the same place.

Understood. You have more insights on campus than most. Thanks

17 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

100% this. 

28 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Live Update from Fargo Radio this morning.  A real comedian was on talking about NDSU football.  Statements made-

1. 9-man football is the foundation of the NDSU O-line.  Other than Mauch NDSU has one other freshman 9-man O-line that looks to be redshirting.  (prideful talking point, but 4 out of 5 Pinocchios, 1 current starter out of 18-20 lineman is not a foundation)

2. More NFL scouts on Saturdays in Fargo than in Minneapolis.  2022 draft saw 4 Gophers and 2 Bison.  Each has around 15 former players active, including practice squads.  (to say more.........going to have to go with another 4 out of 5 pinocchios especially when factoring in the NFL scouts interested in players from opposing teams)

3. The FCS National Championship game is in Fargo this year, NDSU vrs SDSU.  (just isn't true, 5 out of 5 pinocchios)

4. FCS football increasingly watered down when teams like James Madison leave.  (0 out of 5 pinochios, actually been a trend for a long time, true statement)

These cute talking points 1-3 get told over and over in Fargo, good for a laugh.

3………2…..

30 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Live Update from Fargo Radio this morning.  A real comedian was on talking about NDSU football.  Statements made-

1. 9-man football is the foundation of the NDSU O-line.  Other than Mauch NDSU has one other freshman 9-man O-line that looks to be redshirting.  (prideful talking point, but 4 out of 5 Pinocchios, 1 current starter out of 18-20 lineman is not a foundation)

2. More NFL scouts on Saturdays in Fargo than in Minneapolis.  2022 draft saw 4 Gophers and 2 Bison.  Each has around 15 former players active, including practice squads.  (to say more.........going to have to go with another 4 out of 5 pinocchios especially when factoring in the NFL scouts interested in players from opposing teams)

3. The FCS National Championship game is in Fargo this year, NDSU vrs SDSU.  (just isn't true, 5 out of 5 pinocchios)

4. FCS football increasingly watered down when teams like James Madison leave.  (0 out of 5 pinochios, actually been a trend for a long time, true statement)

These cute talking points 1-3 get told over and over in Fargo, good for a laugh.

They constantly hammer statement number 4 and then they wonder why fan interest has gone down. 

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Who was the guest? Joe Goebbels?

• Upvote 2