SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

29 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

NDSU is ripe for the picking this year.  One dimensional offense and average QB at best.

I thought that was last year, too, and they won it all. Someone has got to step up and that someone should be UND. 

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

none of those teams will get a sniffer of the playoffs with 12, 16, or 20 team tourney

The MWC champ absolutely gets a sniff at the playoffs. They will probably get it often now that the best AAC schools are heading to the Big 12.

Just turned on the SDSU - USD game.  USD punted and Janke fumbled on their own 9 yard line and USD got the ball.  USD came out, had to call a timeout before the first play as the time clock was down to 2 seconds.  Then on 3rd down their QB threw a not so good pass and it got picked off in the end zone.   3 mistakes in 5 plays.....I guess we aren't the only ones who do dumb things sometimes.  

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ummm...he's an all american dude

Just because you are the QB on the number 1 team in the country doesn't make you an All-American.  You or I could be be an All-American handing it off to number 44 all day and occasionally throwing a 2 yard pass.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Just turned on the SDSU - USD game.  USD punted and Janke fumbled on their own 9 yard line and USD got the ball.  USD came out, had to call a timeout before the first play as the time clock was down to 2 seconds.  Then on 3rd down their QB threw a not so good pass and it got picked off in the end zone.   3 mistakes in 5 plays.....I guess we aren't the only ones who do dumb things sometimes.  

I watched it live. USD had so many chances but blew them

So with most teams at the halfway point.  Valley has 5 teams (SDSU, NDSU, UND, SIU, ISU-Red) in a good spot for a playoff berth.

YSU at 3 losses, they basically need to win out to get in.  However, next three games are quite winnable and could be 5-3 going into ISU-Red, Mo State and SIU finish. 

USD, UNI, Mo State, and ISU-Blue at 4 losses.  Going to be hard to see any of them getting in at 6-5 so they need to win out. 

WIU out with 5 losses. 

31 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So with most teams at the halfway point.  Valley has 5 teams (SDSU, NDSU, UND, SIU, ISU-Red) in a good spot for a playoff berth.

YSU at 3 losses, they basically need to win out to get in.  However, next three games are quite winnable and could be 5-3 going into ISU-Red, Mo State and SIU finish. 

USD, UNI, Mo State, and ISU-Blue at 4 losses.  Going to be hard to see any of them getting in at 6-5 so they need to win out. 

WIU out with 5 losses. 

UND win is huge.  Rest and dial up about 10 plays against the Bunnies.

• Upvote 3

On 10/8/2022 at 1:05 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

Their best player needs to be on the field at all times. Need to feed him 20 times a game as he is unstoppable. What are they resting him for next week? 

If they feed him 20 times a game, he'll be done before the regular season is.
They have him on a pitch count, if they don't he'll get dinged up again like he has shown the propensity to do in the past.