SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

6 hours ago, Bison06 said:

All of your above points are well made and I agree.

On the away game playoff record for ndsu, I think it’s also important to discuss the reason a team gets home field playoff games. Is it that ndsu is markedly better at home? Maybe. But if they are playing on the road in the playoffs, that year’s team is necessarily, in relative comparison, not as good as a team that is playing at home.

Yeah, that's kinda where I'm at. There were valid reasons those teams weren't playing at home.

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yeah I never understood all the talk around him. Just because he put himself out there I guess and the last name?

Basically.

I got no idea on his skill level or ego or any of that. I haven't followed closely enough. But its becoming a trend for guys now to quit after 4 games to save their season of eligibility to transfer. 

13 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

QB U Cam "The Arrow" Miller is 12 of 12 at the time, maybe 13 of 13, he was 100% anyway and he taunts the Jack's bench.  (fire the HC for culture, right).  Then the OC brings in the back-up who also completes a pass......but to the opposing team.  (fire the OC obviously)  NDSU's last drive Rolezy takes his sweet time and gains 11 yards and burns 1 minute 40 seconds putting the offense in a bind.  (fire OC again)  Later, the  Mecca of 9-man Football offensive lineman takes a personal foul penalty to kill another critical drive....next man up from Anamoose!! (Fire the O-line coach and HC both, and recruiting coordinator)  It's just hilarious!! 

+1 for mentioning Anamoose. :bigsmile:

On 10/17/2022 at 7:10 AM, shep said:

The SDSU RT had at least 4 illegal procedure penalties during the first half. NOISE made a huge difference.

THE ALERUS must be LOUD this week.

well that would require a smart fan base....also, the Fargo dome was quite as a church funeral when the Bison were on offense...i mean, not even the band made a sound.  and there was ABSOLUTELY no crappy music over a subpar PA system...take note Alerus center!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Phoenix Sproles was nothing more than his family name made by his uncle (Darren). 

Read more about him at GoBison. ;) 

Sproles returned for the entire fall season in 2021 and was named a team captain. Sproles played in all 15 games, finishing with 20 receptions for 284 yards and two touchdowns.......

This is 2 games for some receivers.  Either not good enough, out of favor with staff, or just the style of play didn't get much touches with Watson being there.  This was suppose to be his NFL lift off year, 2022!!  Team captain in 2021, not 2022.  

32 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Sproles returned for the entire fall season in 2021 and was named a team captain. Sproles played in all 15 games, finishing with 20 receptions for 284 yards and two touchdowns.......

This is 2 games for some receivers.  Either not good enough, out of favor with staff, or just the style of play didn't get much touches with Watson being there.  This was suppose to be his NFL lift off year, 2022!!  Team captain in 2021, not 2022.  

Smokin Joe Prothro, Phoenix Sproles, who plays qb on the all hype team? Jose Mohler?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Techincally wouldn't that be Drake-Anamoose-Velva-Garrison now?

I think you meant Harvey not Garrison.

Drake-Anamoose-Velva-Harvey ... the 52's!  :D 

Not to be confused with AEEMO: Adams, Edmore, Edinburg, Milton, Osnabrock. 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I think you meant Harvey not Garrison.

Drake-Anamoose-Velva-Harvey ... the 52's!  :D 

Not to be confused with AEEMO: Adams, Edmore, Edinburg, Milton, Osnabrock. 

I think it is Garrison because they don't co-op with Max, who now co-ops with South Prairie for FB.

16 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think it is Garrison because they don't co-op with Max, who now co-ops with South Prairie for FB.

I thought you were kidding based on distances. You're not! 

https://ndhsaanow.com/teams/football 

Looking at that list ... Maple Valley, gone. Hope-Page, gone.

Meet Maple River (Buffalo, Page, Hope). Should've called them the 38 Specials. (If you don't get it, get a ND highway map.) 

And Finley-Sharon is with Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg? Oh my. 

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Smokin Joe Prothro, Phoenix Sproles, who plays qb on the all hype team? Jose Mohler?

GP AT COM %
2021 NDakSt  13 55 101 54.5 813 8.0 6 4 11 62
2022 Temple  5 6 11 54.5 64 5.8 0 0 0 0

Look at these Stats from Quincy Patterson.  I mean 58.1 yards per game and 54% completion at NDSU.  Only 4 picks vrs 6 TDs!!  Only took 11 sacks!!  Lighting it up at Temple going 6 for 11 in 5 games!!

I put a lot of passion in the All Hype players but QP 1 at QB U has to be in the conversation since he was going to be better than Trey Lance.

Yet Mohler put up more picks than TDS in 2010.  NOICE!!

GP ATT COMP INT YRDS TD   %  
Total 17 144 244 8 1816 11 61 0.59 7.4 106.8
2009 5 43 72 2 635 6 48 .60 14.8 127.0
2010 12 101 172 6 1181 5 61 .59 11.7 98.4