SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

2 hours ago, Irish said:

If their QB hadn't decided to taunt his opponents they go into the locker room up 28-7 and win the game. 

I’m glad someone else noticed this. And it was worth repeating. He got the last word; SDSU got the last laugh. 

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

Was Cam Miller ineligible to play that down?  Is that why the backup came in?

They bring in the backup for a run package probably 3-5 plays a game. He runs the ball every time. This time they did not run. 

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I wouldn't go that far just yet.

We all know that they could easily "find it", get on a roll, and win it all still. 

They have been underwhelming all season.  One dimensional offense, turn it over and take stupid penalties.  Not a recipe for a championship. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

The Dynasty is over.

While I want this to be true more than almost anything, until I see it, I have to believe that other teams are going to fold under the pressure of having to knock off the undisputed kings of FCS. 

PS. Please let it be UND that does the dethroning. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

While I want this to be true more than almost anything, until I see it, I have to believe that other teams are going to fold under the pressure of having to knock off the undisputed kings of FCS. 

PS. Please let it be UND that does the dethroning. 

McFeely said “NDSU stopped NDSU” in his column. The unsportsmanlike like conduct penalty and the ? Call by the OC we’re both mentioned. Sounds like they know…

14 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

McFeely said “NDSU stopped NDSU” in his column. The unsportsmanlike like conduct penalty and the ? Call by the OC we’re both mentioned. Sounds like they know…

They have been stopping themselves all year long with the penalties as they usually take one or 2 PF or unsportsmanlike a game.  It caught up to them yesterday as they played a really good team.  I see them having at least one more regular season loss if not 2.  They aren't as good as their record and ranking would indicate.   

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

They have been stopping themselves all year long with the penalties as they usually take one or 2 PF or unsportsmanlike a game.  It caught up to them yesterday as they played a really good team.  I see them having at least one more regular season loss if not 2.  They aren't as good as their record and ranking would indicate.   

I like where your heads at !

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, siouxweet said:

They have been underwhelming all season.  One dimensional offense, turn it over and take stupid penalties.  Not a recipe for a championship. 

Like NDSU hasn't just lived off of ramming the ball down the throats of the opposition for years.  SDSU has beaten them the last 3 Dakota Markers games and seem to be the only team that can handle that.  I hope UND has an answer for Luepke this time around, but in the FargoDome it may be pretty tough.    We'll see if this lights a fire under NDSU and they start to roll again, because if they would have just kept down the path they were going last game instead of trying to be multi-dimensional, it might have been a blowout. 

On 10/15/2022 at 5:41 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is he quietly banged up and don't wanna say something bc it's mind boggling he doesn't touch it more....but when you have cam miller you can throw 50 times and he'll light itup!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be terribly surprised as I've been saying it all season. The dude runs like a bull in a china shop but he gets dinged up constantly and they have to manage his workload. Will be interesting to see how much he plays coming out of their bye week. ISU-R, @WIU, @SIU and UND isn't exactly the easiest finish in the league and they are going to need him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

They bring in the backup for a run package probably 3-5 plays a game. He runs the ball every time. This time they did not run. 

QB U Cam "The Arrow" Miller is 12 of 12 at the time, maybe 13 of 13, he was 100% anyway and he taunts the Jack's bench.  (fire the HC for culture, right).  Then the OC brings in the back-up who also completes a pass......but to the opposing team.  (fire the OC obviously)  NDSU's last drive Rolezy takes his sweet time and gains 11 yards and burns 1 minute 40 seconds putting the offense in a bind.  (fire OC again)  Later, the  Mecca of 9-man Football offensive lineman takes a personal foul penalty to kill another critical drive....next man up from Anamoose!! (Fire the O-line coach and HC both, and recruiting coordinator)  It's just hilarious!! 

• Upvote 3

Hopefully the big sky gets at least 1 of the top 2 seeds and ndsu doesn’t sneak in there

would be nice if they had to travel their 2nd game as I’m sure the committee will seed them somewhere in the top,8 even after we beat them 

9 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Agreed.  Don't want them to have a home field ride to Frisco.

Home field advantage in the FCS playoffs is such a huge deal and cant be understated.. Im sure somebody has more details on this. 

• UND has been a different team in the Alerus versus on the road.  Ive blocked out the 2016 Richmond playoff game as I really do put that loss on the coaches.. Look at that goofy loss to Nichols state in 2019.. I guarantee the result is different if that one was at the Alerus.  In 2020 look at the thrashing of Missouri State.
  • The fargodome is a home advantage that has to be in the top couple in the FCS.. over and over you will see a team come in and lose by halftime because they can't handle the crowd noise.  At the SDSU/NDSU game all of those false starts in the first half put SDSU in a hole that they almost couldn't crawl out of.  I hope the Alerus can get to that level but we have a ways to go.. opening up the endzone standing room would be a nice start.
  • Also.. Im not taking anything away from NDSU as their run as been unreal but they have a losing record in away playoff games.  Since 2010, every time they made it to Frisco.. the path went through the fargodome with zero away playoff games. (they are also dominant in Frisco (neutral site) and travel there unbelievably well).  This doesnt take anythign away from the bison it points out how hard it is to win road playoff games.

Hopefully at some point we will be having multiple home playoff games in the Alerus and that becomes the expectation.  You have to win during the regular season to get there and be able to win big games on the road... we will have our opportunity this Saturday playing the #1 seed at home, hopefully win the games that we should, and the last regular season game in Fargo where Im sure the Bison will also be high ranked.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

Home field advantage in the FCS playoffs is such a huge deal and cant be understated.. Im sure somebody has more details on this. 

• UND has been a different team in the Alerus versus on the road.  Ive blocked out the 2016 Richmond playoff game as I really do put that loss on the coaches.. Look at that goofy loss to Nichols state in 2019.. I guarantee the result is different if that one was at the Alerus.  In 2020 look at the thrashing of Missouri State.
  • The fargodome is a home advantage that has to be in the top couple in the FCS.. over and over you will see a team come in and lose by halftime because they can't handle the crowd noise.  At the SDSU/NDSU game all of those false starts in the first half put SDSU in a hole that they almost couldn't crawl out of.  I hope the Alerus can get to that level but we have a ways to go.. opening up the endzone standing room would be a nice start.
  • Also.. Im not taking anything away from NDSU as their run as been unreal but they have a losing record in away playoff games.  Since 2010, every time they made it to Frisco.. the path went through the fargodome with zero away playoff games. (they are also dominant in Frisco (neutral site) and travel there unbelievably well).  This doesnt take anythign away from the bison it points out how hard it is to win road playoff games.

Hopefully at some point we will be having multiple home playoff games in the Alerus and that becomes the expectation.  You have to win during the regular season to get there and be able to win big games on the road... we will have our opportunity this Saturday playing the #1 seed at home, hopefully win the games that we should, and the last regular season game in Fargo where Im sure the Bison will also be high ranked.

All of your above points are well made and I agree.

On the away game playoff record for ndsu, I think it’s also important to discuss the reason a team gets home field playoff games. Is it that ndsu is markedly better at home? Maybe. But if they are playing on the road in the playoffs, that year’s team is necessarily, in relative comparison, not as good as a team that is playing at home.

2 hours ago, wheelsup said:

should never have been at nicholls but hey chaves put up a very competitive bid against that huge money junior college...oops i mean well respected regionally great univeristy of nicholls state....

3 hours ago, wheelsup said:

Hell, even in that Richmond game we were dominant until the wheels fell off in spectacular fashion.