SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Vikings 2022-2023

rochsioux

It was easy to see early in the season this Vikings team wasn't a true contender with the defense and Donatell. It was severely flawed in a few areas but really didn't try to alter things in season and let the wins cover up the deficiencies.
13 wins and a NFC North Championship is absolutely a overachievement when looking at this team for me. I did think they could sneak by the Giants but it was ending in San Francisco next week barring a series of miracles. This loss isn't really surprising and really doesn't even hurt that much.
Gotta imagine a ton of changes both in personnel and staff. Some long tenured guys that we could've seen the last of in a Viking jersey today unless they redo their contracts Hunter, Kendricks, H. Smith, Peterson, Thielen, Cook.
Man that schedule next year Chargers, Chiefs, Niners, @ Eagles, @ Bengals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

CHI sucks......GB isn't going to be any better next season......DET will be better. MINN still best 55 player talent top to bottom in the division.  Too early to hit the RESET button.

Chicago will be better ton of cap room+some high draft picks and imagine they'll trade one for even more picks. Detroit should be the favorite to win the division. Vikings don't have to go full reset but they're gonna have to tweak things especially defensively and a big part of that will be the big name guys either renegotiating their deals or being cut. Hunter, Smith, and Kendricks especially they just don't produce what they are paid. Vikings have to get faster defensively, their front 7 had to be the slowest in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

CHI sucks......GB isn't going to be any better next season......DET will be better. MINN still best 55 player talent top to bottom in the division.  Too early to hit the RESET button.

The Bears will be much better after blowing up this roster and with the draft picks and $$$ they will be a 8-9 win team next year.  With by far the worst roster in the league they lost 7 one score games.  Improvement is coming.

16 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

It was easy to see early in the season this Vikings team wasn't a true contender with the defense and Donatell. It was severely flawed in a few areas but really didn't try to alter things in season and let the wins cover up the deficiencies.
13 wins and a NFC North Championship is absolutely a overachievement when looking at this team for me. I did think they could sneak by the Giants but it was ending in San Francisco next week barring a series of miracles. This loss isn't really surprising and really doesn't even hurt that much.
Gotta imagine a ton of changes both in personnel and staff. Some long tenured guys that we could've seen the last of in a Viking jersey today unless they redo their contracts Hunter, Kendricks, H. Smith, Peterson, Thielen, Cook.
Man that schedule next year Chargers, Chiefs, Niners, @ Eagles, @ Bengals.

Yoy, you nailed it.  With  that schedule  and their putrid defense I foresee a 4-6 win season unless defense makes a big turn-around (it was supposed to this season…).

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I hope KOC learns from this and why there is a right and wrong time to get: too cute, with the playcalling.

If your offense is rolling, don't endanger it by doing something cute.

Your defense is dog $hit Kevin.  We have to score every possession.  We can't have negative cute plays that lead to punts because we can't put our defense on the field....

It makes me feel better that the Giants got smoked.  The Vikings were so so far away from being contenders with that defense.

I ran into another Viking fan this week at work.  Season ticket holder, got the horn sound as his ring tone on his phone, etc.  He goes on this diatribe of how he never for one moment saw us losing to the Giants and he was in the process of booking his tickets to San Francisco before they lost.  Are we that delusional as a fanbase?  Did he not see the same thing I watched all year? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

It makes me feel better that the Giants got smoked.  The Vikings were so so far away from being contenders with that defense.

I ran into another Viking fan this week at work.  Season ticket holder, got the horn sound as his ring tone on his phone, etc.  He goes on this diatribe of how he never for one moment saw us losing to the Giants and he was in the process of booking his tickets to San Francisco before they lost.  Are we that delusional as a fanbase?  Did he not see the same thing I watched all year? 

image.jpeg.14e7f2303fe49de0d4cf19ae8b5d0f29.jpeg

• 3 months later...

I feel like the Vikings draft was better this year than last. Coming into the draft I had about 5ish guys I was hoping for in round 1. Originally it was Devon Witherspoon but he shot up the boards around combine time and that was dead. The dream was Jaxon Smith-Njigba and that actually got close but the rest of the list was Joey Porter Jr, Jordan Addison, Zay Flowers, Quentin Johnston, and Deonte Banks. I probably would have took Porter just because their CB room concerns me but Addison was right there with him for me. I would have preferred other DBs than the two they got and didn't like trading down from their first 4th today. Clark Phillips, Kelee Ringo, Terrell Smith, Jammie Robinson were all higher on my list. Would have liked to bring in a guard and LB somewhere. Would have probably went elsewhere with RB as well just because the fumbling issues scare me with McBride but if they can figure that out he could definitely be a steal.

Round 1, Pick 23: USC WR Jordan Addison
Round 3, Pick 102: USC CB Mekhi Blackmon
Round 4, Pick 134: LSU S/CB Jay Ward
Round 5, Pick 141: LSU DT Jaquelin Roy
Round 5, Pick 164: BYU QB Jaren Hall
Round 7, Pick 222: UAB RB DeWayne McBride

5 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think they passed the big test:

They didn't reach for a QB in Round 1.  They didn't fall in the Hooker or Levas trap. 

Like #8 or hate #8 it was the right call not to take a QB there.  One is needed at some point, but don't take Christian Ponder again because you are dead set at taking a QB.

• Like 1