SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Vikings 2022-2023

rochsioux

18 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

What a win!
The win doesn't mean that 1st half performance didn't happen though they have to learn from it & fix it
Defense was solid at times against bad Indy O but when it was best it was attacking more Donatell either needs to play aggressive a ton more or find a different job 

I'd rather get burned attacking than sitting back and watching them throw it all over in front of you.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'd rather get burned attacking than sitting back and watching them throw it all over in front of you.  

Passive defense does not work. Period. Anyone remember the infamous 4th and 28 completion for the Eagles against the Packers in the playoffs in 2003? That is what "playing coverage" gets you in the NFL. These quarterbacks will carve you up like a turkey if you let them sit back there.

36 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Passive defense does not work. Period. Anyone remember the infamous 4th and 28 completion for the Eagles against the Packers in the playoffs in 2003? That is what "playing coverage" gets you in the NFL. These quarterbacks will carve you up like a turkey if you let them sit back there.

<Raises hand>

• Upvote 1

On 12/18/2022 at 1:20 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

4th and 26... thanks for bringing it up.

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

SF is lookin' real ... Purdy ... lately. 

They are, however...

Tell me what happenes if they ever trail to a point where Purdy HAS to make THAT throw.

That is the biggest questions that SF needs to answer.   If Purdy can make THAT throw... they are winning it all.

Not a knock on him, but it is an unanswered question right now.

14 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think Green Bay wins this weekend and the Purple end up as the 3 seed because San Fran is absolutely rolling with a 3rd string QB.  

I think the Vikings win because they finally need to make a statement of:  we are tired of everyone calling us frauds and what better way of making that statement then going into Lambeau and basically ending A-A-Ron season. 

They lose next week in Chicago because... well they always do.

On 12/27/2022 at 11:23 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

I think the Vikings win because they finally need to make a statement of:  we are tired of everyone calling us frauds and what better way of making that statement then going into Lambeau and basically ending A-A-Ron season. 

They lose next week in Chicago because... well they always do.

I hope you're right obviously, but I think we may get blown out of Lambeau by a Pack squad that is playing well.  Would be fun to end their season, but like we always see in Minnesota things always go to the last weekend. 

44 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Vikes stuffed at the 1, then give up the kick return TD.  Went from a great start potential to....meh...

Wentz's bad game today gives GB control of their playoff destiny.

On 12/27/2022 at 11:21 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

They are, however...

Tell me what happenes if they ever trail to a point where Purdy HAS to make THAT throw.

That is the biggest questions that SF needs to answer.   If Purdy can make THAT throw... they are winning it all.

Not a knock on him, but it is an unanswered question right now.

Tell ya what.  

That Raider game went a long way in answering that question.

• Upvote 1