SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Vikings 2022-2023

rochsioux

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This is what I expected last week.  But the Boys are just a better team hands down.  They should've won last week in Green Bay, and they could win by 40 this week. 

No luck for my purple this week. 

I think there is an emotional letdown after last week. The Cowboys are bipolar; one week they are sloppy and undisciplined, the next they are world-beaters.

On 10/30/2022 at 9:46 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

November is going to be a test to see how real the Vikings are.

Start the month with a road trip to a confident Washington team, then a trip to Buffalo, who might be the best team in the league.

Then the home games against Dallas and then a Thursday game against New England.

2-2 is the minimum.  If they can at least do that, they are sitting 8-3 going into December and in good shape to win the division

Went 3-1.

I've never seen a Belichek team make so many mistakes.

In my 39 years of Vikings fandom I can't remember a Vikes team getting more breaks.  We all know how this ends, but the sun is shining in places it never has before for the purple.  

They almost have the division locked up.  Crazy....

On 11/24/2022 at 10:38 PM, Wilbur said:

I've never seen a Belichek team make so many mistakes.

In my 39 years of Vikings fandom I can't remember a Vikes team getting more breaks.  We all know how this ends, but the sun is shining in places it never has before for the purple.  

They almost have the division locked up.  Crazy....

Until they win a ring I will always be on the pessimistic side of the Vikings. With that said, SKOL!!!!

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Until they win a ring I will always be on the pessimistic side of the Vikings. With that said, SKOL!!!!

Like I said, we all know how this ends....:lol:

But a 13-4 regular season would be super fun before they rip our hearts out. 

• Upvote 1

Another close game win.  Years ago with Frazier they lost like 5 or 6 one score games at the very end just like these ones they are winning.

I'd bet with the way Detroit is playing the Vikings could be the Vegas under dog next Sunday.  I'd bet you'll see Minnesota +3.

That Detroit offense is rolling.  Could be a long afternoon for our defense.

On 12/4/2022 at 8:01 PM, Wilbur said:

Another close game win.  Years ago with Frazier they lost like 5 or 6 one score games at the very end just like these ones they are winning.

I'd bet with the way Detroit is playing the Vikings could be the Vegas under dog next Sunday.  I'd bet you'll see Minnesota +3.

That Detroit offense is rolling.  Could be a long afternoon for our defense.

Welp....pretty close to what I expected.  Defensively we are terrible....just awful.  The team will still win the North, but looking like a one and done come post season.

The weapons they have they have to try and score every possession.  Punting with this defense just isn't a good option. 

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Welp....pretty close to what I expected.  Defensively we are terrible....just awful.  The team will still win the North, but looking like a one and done come post season.

The weapons they have they have to try and score every possession.  Punting with this defense just isn't a good option. 

This regime hasn't had a chance to build the roster with their own talent. The 2023 draft will be crucial.

I said after the win last week we would lose at Detroit. Some have glossed over how bad this defense is because we keep finding ways to win but I've said it for a long time that Donatell is awful. He sits back and lets teams move the ball up and down the field and hopes they can get a redzone stop. Everything he wants to play is so soft and I absolutely hate it. This defense has shown a little success when they bring some pressures from time to time but he is too scared to lean on it. I was happy to see KOC say they have to change some things defensively in the postgame presser and find some way to generate more pressure.

Offensively I thought they were alright but I hated the pop pass call on 1st and goal that turned into a turnover. To me that is a 4th down type call or 2 point call. You should've just tried to pound the ball a couple times especially because you had plenty of clock to work with and could milk it down guaranteeing Detroit can't put up points before half. I also wanted him to punt instead of take the offside and go for it on 4th and 1 first drive but if you are gonna go for it I hate the playcall to run out of gun. Detroit DL is better than your OL and way more physical especially minus Darrisaw and Bradbury. The mismanagement of timeouts late in the game as well and altogether this wasn't one of the better games from the coaching staff.

Detroit does deserve a lot of credit and is a really solid team. They are a lot better than what their record shows and could/should easily have at least a couple more wins. I really would hate if they sneak into the playoffs and the Vikes have to face them in the first round. Give me New York, Seattle, or Washington rather than Detroit.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This regime hasn't had a chance to build the roster with their own talent. The 2023 draft will be crucial.

It is only one draft but this past springs results don't exactly inspire confidence in me. A lot of the trades were really bad. Passing up on Kyle Hamilton who has been solid to take a safety in Lewis Cine who couldn't win a starting spot prior to being injured. Andrew Booth had injuries in college but they went with him and the injuries have continued and when healthy it wasn't good for him. Ed Ingram is starting but is the worst RG as far as pressures go in the NFL easily. Brian Asamoah has been solid on special teams and I liked him preseason. The one guy who has performed pretty well is Akayleb Evans but now he is dealing with concussion issues.