SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Vikings 2022-2023

rochsioux

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Like #8 or hate #8 it was the right call not to take a QB there.  One is needed at some point, but don't take Christian Ponder again because you are dead set at taking a QB.

The Vikings are ignoring the QB position at their own peril. If Kirk goes down in game one and is out for the year, I don't know if they win one game with Mannion as the starter.

41 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The Vikings are ignoring the QB position at their own peril. If Kirk goes down in game one and is out for the year, I don't know if they win one game with Mannion as the starter.

I agree that they can’t win with Mannion as the QB. Fortunately he isn’t on the team, the backup is Nick Mullins. He’s not the long term answer but I do believe he is better than Mannion. 

58 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

I agree that they can’t win with Mannion as the QB. Fortunately he isn’t on the team, the backup is Nick Mullins. He’s not the long term answer but I do believe he is better than Mannion. 

Oops, my bad. I stand corrected. The fact they change back-up QBs like clothes is another reason to be concerned about the QB situation.

52 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Oops, my bad. I stand corrected. The fact they change back-up QBs like clothes is another reason to be concerned about the QB situation.

If Richardson was still sitting on the board, I would have had no issue with taking a chance on him.

The other 2 (Levas and Hooker): Hard pass.

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Next years QBs at the top are better than this year so as much as it would be tough to endure during the season I really wouldn't mind seeing the Vikes flop next year. Their biggest issue is they have been stuck in that in between area when they don't make the playoffs. The middle purgatory picking between 10-16 and rarely getting that top 5 pick that are advantageous for finding the franchise QB. Williams and Maye would have been the top 2 QBs in this years draft if they could have entered.

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Next years QBs at the top are better than this year so as much as it would be tough to endure during the season I really wouldn't mind seeing the Vikes flop next year. Their biggest issue is they have been stuck in that in between area when they don't make the playoffs. The middle purgatory picking between 10-16 and rarely getting that top 5 pick that are advantageous for finding the franchise QB. Williams and Maye would have been the top 2 QBs in this years draft if they could have entered.

Trading up into the first round if there is someone they really wanted would make sense. But we won't know that for another year.

17 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not that the vikings had to draft him but how the hell didt hunter leopke get drafted?  brick shi@@#(9house of a bowling ball...wtf?

Was he hurt toward the end, I suppose they didn’t want to take a chance

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 4:31 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not that the vikings had to draft him but how the hell didt hunter leopke get drafted?  brick shi@@#(9house of a bowling ball...wtf?

He got $200,000 guaranteed from the Cowboys.  I mean bigger money in play in the NFL, but that's a decent haul for undrafted guy with a bumb shoulder. 

• Upvote 1