SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Vikings 2022-2023

rochsioux

The new regime is off to a confusing start.  Trade the #12 and #46 picks in the draft for #32, #34, and #66.
So they move down 20 spots in the first round so the can move up 12 spots in the second round and gain a third round pick.  WTF ?  Someone needs to explain the logic behind this cause it makes no sense to me. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

The new regime is off to a confusing start.  Trade the #12 and #46 picks in the draft for #32, #34, and #66.
So they move down 20 spots in the first round so the can move up 12 spots in the second round and gain a third round pick.  WTF ?  Someone needs to explain the logic behind this cause it makes no sense to me. 

The Vikings are stupid…how’s that?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

Per the "analytics" draft charts, it was a win for the Vikings. New GM is an analytics guy. I'm guessing the guys they had the highest grades on were already gone, so may as well trade?

Also, letting Detroit move up to draft yet another first round WR named Williams was probably just too much to pass up. ; p

This was my thinking as well.

I actually really like Cine and think he will be a solid starter for years but we didn't get much value at all with the trade. Move down 20 spots and basically pick up a 3rd? Kwesi definitely got taken advantage of. I would have sprinted in the card with Hamilton as he was my favorite prospect in the draft. Would have been fine taking Williams there as well as after Olave and Wilson he was my next favorite WR.

14 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Vikings trade pick to Packers.

Packers choose NDSU WR.

Now watch Bison fans who used to be Vikings fans switch sides.

I think the Vikings plan is to keep trading back in the draft until they get every pick in round 7. 

Kwesi seems to be improving. The trade with the Packers was better value than last night although I still think they should have got more and I don't like giving 2 division opponents WRs who could be big time deep threats for the future. The trade with the Colts to move up was actually a win for the Vikings, moved up 11 spots but gave up a 3rd and got a 4th back in exchange for a 6th.

When the Vikes have actually made picks I've liked the guys they have landed. One more tonight and I'd love to see them go with Nakobe Dean, David Bell, Leo Chenal, or Drake Jackson.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Kwesi seems to be improving. The trade with the Packers was better value than last night although I still think they should have got more and I don't like giving 2 division opponents WRs who could be big time deep threats for the future. The trade with the Colts to move up was actually a win for the Vikings, moved up 11 spots but gave up a 3rd and got a 4th back in exchange for a 6th.

When the Vikes have actually made picks I've liked the guys they have landed. One more tonight and I'd love to see them go with Nakobe Dean, David Bell, Leo Chenal, or Drake Jackson.

This is called Moneyball.

21 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Seriously 6 trades already from Kwesi and we aren't through the 4th. So far I'd say he is at about 50% on making solid deals, couple have been real bad like the first round one and then the one today giving up a mid 4th for two 5ths makes no sense.

It’s the Vikings…

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Find a new backup QB Vikings, Mond isn't ready for the role yet. 

Not sure if he will ever be ready for it either. Manion sure isn't the answer to backup QB either. 

I would expect/hope the Vikes to be on the lookout for a QB, maybe a TE, at least one MLB, and maybe a safety.

Gonna have some tough decisions to make at both RB and WR. Do you keep 5 backs in Cook, Mattison, Chandler, Nwangu, and Ham or maybe see if you can get something for Mattison. At WR do you keep 6? Jefferson, Thielen, Osborn, Smith-Marsete, Jackson, and Johnson, Wilson has had some decent moments as well.

23 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Not sure if he will ever be ready for it either. Manion sure isn't the answer to backup QB either. 

I would expect/hope the Vikes to be on the lookout for a QB, maybe a TE, at least one MLB, and maybe a safety.

Gonna have some tough decisions to make at both RB and WR. Do you keep 5 backs in Cook, Mattison, Chandler, Nwangu, and Ham or maybe see if you can get something for Mattison. At WR do you keep 6? Jefferson, Thielen, Osborn, Smith-Marsete, Jackson, and Johnson, Wilson has had some decent moments as well.

Looks like they got the backup in Mullens. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good start for the purple today.  Nice to watch them spread the field and go with more 11 personnel sets to spread GB out a bit.

Nice to have some new energy around the team.  Maybe now the Vikings will try and stay with the ever evolving NFL scheme wise etc.