SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

25 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Wow…

Sorry if I offended you.   

Yeah, I'm still mad that he called a minor penalty on the play where Geoff Paukovich broke Robbie Bina's neck.   Easily 20 seconds of delayed penalty preceding that, and it should have been match penalty/reckless intent, and instead Pauk got to play the rest of the game.  Some things can't be unseen, and that's one of them.

Sorry for taking us off topic.  I agree the Minot girl in Sioux Rube's video should have had at least one major penalty.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Kevin G said:

Good grief. Not only is the initial crosscheck to the back of the head worthy of a major penalty, so too is the follow-up punch to the back of the head. Maybe there's more to it or something, but what the video shows is pretty bush-league, IMO.

Minot kid should have had game misconduct. 5 min major. Minot coach should have benched the kid for additional game.  If coach didn’t do that, the Minot AD should make that happen. 

20 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Sorry if I offended you.   

Yeah, I'm still mad that he called a minor penalty on the play where Geoff Paukovich broke Robbie Bina's neck.   Easily 20 seconds of delayed penalty preceding that, and it should have been match penalty/reckless intent, and instead Pauk got to play the rest of the game.  Some things can't be unseen, and that's one of them.

Sorry for taking us off topic.  I agree the Minot girl in Sioux Rube's video should have had at least one major penalty.

Offended me? I was saying wow about the video! No worries, sorry if it appeared that I was reacting to what you said. I just reacted to what I was watching. :hypocrite:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Big game today @ 2:37 between Michigan Tech (18) & Western Michigan (23). We're going to need the NCHC to be lights out the next few weeks in non-conference games. 

This is the GLI right?  No Wolverines this year...:(

5 hours ago, Blackheart said:

This is the GLI right?  No Wolverines this year...:(

Nope.  Also the first time the tournament is not being played in Detroit.  It’s in Grand Rapids this year.  

Michigan Tech vs Western Michigan

Michigan State vs Ferris State 

My money says it will be a few years before Michigan is invited back.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Broncos up a touchdown after 2.

7-0

Guess they didn't take too kindly about how UND shut down their offense a couple weeks ago.
Taking it out on poor Tech.

That's good for the NCHC though...need more of that in the 2nd half with any OOC games.

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Nope.  Also the first time the tournament is not being played in Detroit.  It’s in Grand Rapids this year.  

Michigan Tech vs Western Michigan

Michigan State vs Ferris State 

My money says it will be a few years before Michigan is invited back.  

I wouldn't invite them back. Hard Pass, there are other schools that would particpate in this event. 

• Upvote 1

WMU dominated the GLI, beating FSU 8-2.
Polin with a 6 goal weekend, impressive.  Hopefully they used up all their goals, as their next series is against UND.

Tech beat MSU, which pushed UND down one spot to #22 in the PWR.

UMass got blown out by Clarkson but they still remain #15 in the PWR despite being .500.

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Sure glad WMU found their offense not the last time they played (before GLI).
And I hope they lose it again on an upcoming trip ... 

Yeah, I see they moved up to #17 in the pairwise, so in order for us to keep moving forward, we will need to win the upcoming series with them while it is still fresh in Western's mind what we did to them a few weeks ago.  No easy task, but it is the hole that UND has dug itself.  

Although UND did drop one spot to #22 in the Pairwise, their RPI is now at .5286 which is up from .5242 (following the Western series weekend). The GLI went exactly how we wanted it to go with Western not only winning it, but Michigan State losing both games (although one was in OT). UMass losing also would fall into the category of what we want to see.

These next two weekend are so important. The NCHC needs to outperform what they've done in non-conference up to this point. It would also help for HE / the BIG to take a few hits. 

Today, hoping for LSSU over UMASS (15). Clarkson over Wisconsin (30). AIC over Cornell (18). Long Island over UConn (10).