SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Haven’t checked today but last night in addition to the B10’s 5, there were 6 Hockey East teams that would be in the NCAA. Then the NCHC with 2, ECAC has like 1, Atlantic and CCHA just would get their auto bids. 

Yeah loaded up with HEA and B10 teams for sure.  ECAC with only 1 but Harvard knocking at the door to join at #15.
And then MTU is the top CCHA team at #16 currently.

Still a lot of season to go but hopefully UND can get in there and join the NCHC teams and maybe some of the HEA and B10 teams will fall off as they play each other more.

9 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Yeah loaded up with HEA and B10 teams for sure.  ECAC with only 1 but Harvard knocking at the door to join at #15.
And then MTU is the top CCHA team at #16 currently.

Still a lot of season to go but hopefully UND can get in there and join the NCHC teams and maybe some of the HEA and B10 teams will fall off as they play each other more.

I think there’s a good chance at least some of those HEA teams in particular fall off since there is a few close to the bubble. 

Also WTF kind of world are we living in where MERRIMACK is a top 4 team in the PWR? 

26 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think there’s a good chance at least some of those HEA teams in particular fall off since there is a few close to the bubble. 

Also WTF kind of world are we living in where MERRIMACK is a top 4 team in the PWR? 

This is a very unusual season across the board.

26 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I checked out their schedule earlier.
They're 13-4, but of those 17 games, only 3 (2x UConn and 1x Prov) have been played against teams that are more than one game above .500.
Their SOS is pretty weak and they only have a few more games left against teams over .500 as well.
Unless they seriously tank, they'll make the NCAA's, but they sure won't be battle tested when they get there.

So after the CC/Omaha game ended (and in dramatic fashion with CC goalie Mbereko making several grade A saves) the two teams lined up for the handshake line. Curiously, Gabinet made a bee line across the ice to the locker rooms with his assistants close behind. Meanwhile, the CC coaches got in line and shook hands with the Omaha players. Don’t want to jump to conclusions but does that sound odd? 

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

And Duluth  is 38th! 

7 hours ago, Godsmack said:

So after the CC/Omaha game ended (and in dramatic fashion with CC goalie Mbereko making several grade A saves) the two teams lined up for the handshake line. Curiously, Gabinet made a bee line across the ice to the locker rooms with his assistants close behind. Meanwhile, the CC coaches got in line and shook hands with the Omaha players. Don’t want to jump to conclusions but does that sound odd? 

He is still pissed at Mannino for taking his recruiting class with him when he bolted for Miami. I heard that that happened after year 1 for him. Honestly don’t blame the guy based on the scuttlebutt. Some things run deep.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

He is still pissed at Mannino for taking his recruiting class with him when he bolted for Miami. I heard that that happened after year 1 for him. Honestly don’t blame the guy based on the scuttlebutt. Some things run deep.

Yah, good point. I had totally forgotten about all that. As a CC fan, I don’t 100% trust Mannino given his history. I’m sure his stop at CC is just a stepping stone to something better, at least that’s the impression I have of him. He seems to change teams more frequently than most people change their socks. 

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Yah, good point. I had totally forgotten about all that. As a CC fan, I don’t 100% trust Mannino given his history. I’m sure his stop at CC is just a stepping stone to something better, at least that’s the impression I have of him. He seems to change teams more frequently than most people change their socks. 

Yeah, if I don’t recall, Mannino took the playbook, 3 recruits ( including Dashke) and lets a bunch of recruits hang with no communication. Left in the dark of night too. Slimy…

Of course Gabinet was going into his second or third year and he must have really taken it personally.

1 minute ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Yeah, if I don’t recall, Mannino took the playbook, 3 recruits ( including Dashke) and lets a bunch of recruits hang with no communication. Left in the dark of night too. Slimy…

I guess my only thing with that is, it wasn’t CC or Coach Mayotte who stole his recruits so maybe he should’ve swallowed his pride and just shook hands. He could’ve even gotten in a dig at Mannino as they crossed paths!) lol. Oh well, no matter. I’m speculating; there could be a million and one reasons why he didn’t shake the players’ hands I guess. Maybe he’s a germaphobe and doesn’t like shaking hands with a bunch of sweaty, nasty mits after having been in those gloves! 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I guess my only thing with that is, it wasn’t CC or Coach Mayotte who stole his recruits so maybe he should’ve swallowed his pride and just shook hands. He could’ve even gotten in a dig at Mannino as they crossed paths!) lol. Oh well, no matter. I’m speculating; there could be a million and one reasons why he didn’t shake the players’ hands I guess. Maybe he’s a germaphobe and doesn’t like shaking hands with a bunch of sweaty, nasty mits after having been in those gloves! 

Grant Cruikshank left CC for Minnesota and now is at St. Cloud.  How did that happen.  Was he unhappy playing for Minnesota.

34 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

Grant Cruikshank left CC for Minnesota and now is at St. Cloud.  How did that happen.  Was he unhappy playing for Minnesota.

Not sure but just stuff I’ve read waS that given the incoming stud recruits Minnesota had coming in, there wasn’t really a spot for him. Also, it seems St. Cloud has been playing Cruikshank at center whereas last year, Motzko had him on the wing. 

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Not sure but just stuff I’ve read waS that given the incoming stud recruits Minnesota had coming in, there wasn’t really a spot for him. Also, it seems St. Cloud has been playing Cruikshank at center whereas last year, Motzko had him on the wing. 

Thank you.  

Schlossman said that Brendan Bushy is suspended for contact to the head in the last game versus Miami, and that he gets to serve the suspension during their exhibition game.  Now the question will be, is this the new precedent, or will they find a way to delve out punishment differently in other incidents?   Who is involved in the supplemental discipline anyway.  Will look pretty bad if they differ in punishment, what with the Commissioner being the former Athletic Director at St. Cloud State.  Of course we saw how that works with Cooper Moore being suspended for a similar hit as Savoie, yet he didn't have supplemental discipline even though it was near the end of the game.