SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

Decision from Kleven by the end of the month?

#butdevelopmentcamp:angry:

Seems to me that Ottawa would be a much better team if they developed their talent better.  It might be best for them to let UND hold on to the players and develop them for Ottawa.   UND seems to bring in a new cast of players and develop them into an NCHC championship team, Ottawa brings in one high draft pick after another and doesn't seem to have progressed.  Maybe let UND hold on to someone another year that won't be in your lineup consistently anyway.   

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Heard were close on a portal D man. Could be done Wednesday. Not being talked about on here at all. But, I like it, if it happens. 

Could it be Danny Maddox of the South Suburban Beer League (SSBL)??? He’s a left handed shot and doesn’t score many goals but he always chips in for pitchers after the game! 

F1A021E2-7E4B-4039-9CA0-3EF24FF0D575.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Seems to be a nice pickup.
Doesn't appear to be too offensive-minded (looking at his stats), but if he can hold down the fort defensively, that's what matters I suppose!

Welcome to the team, Ty!

From the quotes from Eades in the Herald article, he seemed to infer that Farmer didn’t get a ton of PP time given the D men he was playing behind the past few years. Perhaps he will be on our #1 or #2 PP unit next season? 

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Doesn't appear to be too offensive-minded (looking at his stats), but if he can hold down the fort defensively, that's what matters I suppose!

Welcome to the team, Ty!

55 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

If he’s remotely comparable to Troy Stecher as mentioned in article. Good addition to the team IMO.

Since I heard about him last night, I was able to see some of his video from last season. Definitely not going to wow with his offense very often, but he is an all-effort dude, a phenomenal skater, and is incredibly smart. 

He spent a significant amount of time covering the mistakes of some rather.... well, young... and well... ambitious ... teammates last season. Not meaning to drag the dude, but Farmer absolutely helped make Scott Morrow this past season. He had to be... let's say, extra careful, at times and put out a lot of fires LOL.

I'm super excited about him.

7 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Since I heard about him last night, I was able to see some of his video from last season. Definitely not going to wow with his offense very often, but he is an all-effort dude, a phenomenal skater, and is incredibly smart. 

He spent a significant amount of time covering the mistakes of some rather.... well, young... and well... ambitious ... teammates last season. Not meaning to drag the dude, but Farmer absolutely helped make Scott Morrow this past season. He had to be... let's say, extra careful, at times and put out a lot of fires LOL.

I'm super excited about him.

That's all good info, thanks for that!

Seems the d-corps and goalie situation is shaping up very well...time to narrow down this forward group and we'll have ourselves a very good team for next season!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, brianvf said:

That's all good info, thanks for that!

Seems the d-corps and goalie situation is shaping up very well...time to narrow down this forward group and we'll have ourselves a very good team for next season!

Kleven-Frisch

Jandric-Farmer

Moore-Johnson

Bast-Ferner

Not a huge difference between pair #2 and #3.  Honestly if Kleven does leave you could throw Coop up to the top pair because the kid is ready for it and Frisch could play with me and be successful.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

That's what I don't get? 

Seems like his options are to either live in Belleville, Ontario playing the AHL circuit or playing in his home state in front of his Dad for one more year.  Seems like a no brainer to me.

Me too, but I readily admit that I'm not in his shoes. I really like Kleven; he seems like a genuinely good dude whenever he's interviewed. 

7 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

So, presumably, Senden will be back given he was teammates and, I’m assuming, buddies with Farmer in Fargo? 

I asked the same question last night. Apparently they were close, too, but Sendo is making his own decision regardless of Farmer, is what I was told.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

Welcome to the team, Ty!

+45 in 134 career games. Give it to me lol.