SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

I am afraid that we will be crushed on the boards in league play. I am concerned that the only way we have a chance to win we have to shoot better than we have statistically in years. Concerning that our two players that can post low are kacie and VAnderwahl. Kacie will be guarded by much taller players in the summit.

yes-very good ratio for KC last night and  seeing the potential for VAnderwahl. Orth looks good too - seems to be stepping up.

14 hours ago, shep said:

VWall is a project. Must clean up footwork and while turn and shoot works now, teams will realize she has one move.

I will live with her grabbing a ton of rebounds and being solid on defense.  If she can do that and just score on tips in right now.... that's good enough for me

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 108498 said:

I am a Wyoming native, but love the Hawks. I was really looking forward to the Womens' game against WYO, but have been hearing there is a blizzatd heading to ND. What are the chances the game is played?

Depends.
Did WYO come in to Grand Forks today?
Looks like tomorrow (Thu) will be a travel mess

7 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

What was the technical?

KB drove the lane through the trees and scored on a heavily contested shot. She told Jack Michaels in the post game show that she looked right at the ref and yelled “And one!”. She got teed up for that.

Practically every player says that to refs at one time moe another with no technicals given. 

I was on my way to GF for the Football game tomorrow.  I listened to it on the radio.  This team is jellying very nicely.  The freshman are contributing and to elders are all good leaders.  From what Jack said on the radio Gordon drew 3 charging fouls on their big.  Plus back side covers was quick and effective.  4 turnovers.  Wow. 3 freshman played big minutes.  Just think two years many on here were questioning Mel as a coach.  She and the rest of the staff are developing a great team.

On 11/2/2022 at 8:59 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

If UND lights it up in non-conference and in the Summit, this becomes a nothing burger.

Two wins to start the season, including a very nice win at home against Wyoming.  What loss to Northern???

Big road trip to Montana next weekend.  Would be nice to get two wins out there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NewUndFan said:

NDSU just beat Minnesota. The summit league is going to be fun this year 

Gopher women are really bad. I know Whalen has the great freshman class and their top one didn't play but they only have like 5-6 women capable of playing at the high D1 level. Not sure how much longer Lindsay sticks around could see the mutual parting at the end of this season for the good of the program.

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

Gopher women are really bad. I know Whalen has the great freshman class and their top one didn't play but they only have like 5-6 women capable of playing at the high D1 level. Not sure how much longer Lindsay sticks around could see the mutual parting at the end of this season for the good of the program.

How did it get so bad?