SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

She looked ok

i think she eventually could be a force

I liked her free throw motion and touch

Agreed, still raw in a lot of areas but if she can grab rebounds, get putbacks and make people think twice about going into the lane.... that's all UND needs right now.

• Upvote 1

VanderWal helped tonight but still a lot to work on. McCarthy only played a minute is she hurt or is she in dog house. Beal needs to get more minutes I think sh can become factor before the season is over. Hurst will need to continue to play. I don’t think we’re going to be able to contend relying on small line up in conference season we need to have some size on the floor. The South Dakota schools are just going to eat us alive with their size and especially Jack Rabbits will just control the boards if we don’t develop our big players. This is going to be interesting season if we can develop some players to make run at the end of the season.

6 hours ago, ND-fan said:

VanderWal helped tonight but still a lot to work on. McCarthy only played a minute is she hurt or is she in dog house. Beal needs to get more minutes I think sh can become factor before the season is over. Hurst will need to continue to play. I don’t think we’re going to be able to contend relying on small line up in conference season we need to have some size on the floor. The South Dakota schools are just going to eat us alive with their size and especially Jack Rabbits will just control the boards if we don’t develop our big players. This is going to be interesting season if we can develop some players to make run at the end of the season.

You can tell she is still raw (VanderWal) but if she can just do what she did last night consistently, I think UND can live with that for this year. The quicker they can get her up to speed, the more she can play.

The Rebounding is an issue that needs to be dealt with and if you are not going to deal with it in size, you need to really make sure that basic rebounding fundamentals are being applied here.  If you are doing those, that should cut down on a lot of O-boards.  

Now if UND is going to be small, turning people over and getting points off of those turnovers will be a good counter balance to the lack of rebounding.  I liked the full court press they threw up in the 2nd quarter that disrupted Detroit Mercy a little bit.

Beal and Hurst need more than 8 and 6 minutes respectively.  These two need to learn and play.  I can't believe how athletic Beal is.  You can see the offensive skill that Hurst has.

Best stat from Kacie Borowicz last night:  9 assists, 3 turnovers.  This right here, is where she needs to live at this year.  Not worry about the scoring part, but cutting down on those turnovers are crucial. 

10 UND turnovers.  Please stay around there all year please!!!!

• Upvote 3