SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

10 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Disappointing - even if we come back and win. Kinda sounds like northern has better players and certainly a better of mix of height. How did this happen?

Olivia Lane left.

Bigger issue is the 3 point shooting.  If you are going to play small, you need to be able to shoot it. 

Hurst is the real deal.  Creates space with good ball and body control.  Plays bigger than her height.  Orth has played well.  Just solid offensively and defensively.  Kacie just hasn’t been able to finish.  4-17 right now with good looks.  Just can’t get them to fall tonight.  Gordon looks ok but will have to be our big at 5’11.  Height will be a huge problem in conference season.  Davis started at point at a listed 5’6 but that is likely a stretch.  Quick but defensive liability that everyone just shoots over.  Beal shows real bursts of athleticism but needs to learns the college game.  Dani her hit 2 of our 3 threes.  We are 3-14 from the arc.  Mallory needs to seriously increase the passing tempo.  Everyone has to stop and hold it for several seconds.

1 minute ago, Hans8891 said:

Hurst is the real deal.  Creates space with good ball and body control.  Plays bigger than her height.  Orth has played well.  Just solid offensively and defensively.  Kacie just hasn’t been able to finish.  4-17 right now with good looks.  Just can’t get them to fall tonight.  Gordon looks ok but will have to be our big at 5’11.  Height will be a huge problem in conference season.  Davis started at point at a listed 5’6 but that is likely a stretch.  Quick but defensive liability that everyone just shoots over.  Beal shows real bursts of athleticism but needs to learns the college game.  Dani her hit 2 of our 3 threes.  We are 3-14 from the arc.  Mallory needs to seriously increase the passing tempo.  Everyone has to stop and hold it for several seconds.

That's the important development from tonight.  I hope she turns into a lethal 2nd option behind Kacie.

I was looking at the live stats we played game with hardly any of our biggest players  very many minutes. Hurst I believe played played 15 minutes, McCarthy played 1 minute wondering if she got hurt, and VanderVal and Jardine didn’t play. Then we had Bieniewicz did not play one of larger players and was brought in shoot the three. So what are we doing here in exihibition game I thought this would be a time to give our big players some playing time. I would like to see explanation on why we’re playing experienced players already 30 plus minutes in this game and we still lost I don’t  see how this helped us any. We need to develop this team the players we played tonight is not going be a team that can be in the top of the league without getting some production from are big players. if these players are not ready to produce then we better be looking for transfer to bring immediately because we’re not going to be factor with this small line up. That’s my opinion I hope to hear what the plan is or it’s going to get worse with the fans because expectations expecting improvement over last season with highly reguarded recruits.

• Like 1