SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, Und246 said:

Looks like most of the team is made up with guards. I guess we will have guards playing the forward positioning. Would that be the plan?  Short lineup. 

That has to be the plan plus our limited size is very inexperienced.  The many guards are going to have to carry the load.  I really think Mallory knows what she is doing but I am surprised that none of the three committed kids for next year are 6'!

41 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

That has to be the plan plus our limited size is very inexperienced.  The many guards are going to have to carry the load.  I really think Mallory knows what she is doing but I am surprised that none of the three committed kids for next year are 6'!

Not judging UND by NDSU.  But I noticed that NDSU has significantly upgraded their team with alot of size.  Size doesnt mean alot of wins, but the summit league is a league of tall guards.   

14 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Folks don't know the difference between North and South? 

Nope.  Looks like South Dakota State comes in at number 24 and South Dakota also got votes!  NDSU got 3 votes!  Coaches must think the summit league women's basketball s strong!  

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

Nope.  Looks like South Dakota State comes in at number 24 and South Dakota also got votes!  NDSU got 3 votes!  Coaches must think the summit league women's basketball s strong!  

Going to be a lot of good basketball played in the league this year.

We definitely should be upper tier of the summit conference. Bernard Press conference I thought was pretty much spot on. How well we do will come down to our big girls McCarthy,Vanderwal, and Jardine if they can provide quality minutes playing defense and rebounding. They will have help from our guards playing in some of 3-5 positions at times but we do need their size if we are going to have successful season.  I think offensively we’re going to be able take advantages with quickness and size of our guards as the season progresses but will we able rebound and defend our opponents. I am looking forward to the season. 

18 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

We definitely should be upper tier of the summit conference. Bernard Press conference I thought was pretty much spot on. How well we do will come down to our big girls McCarthy,Vanderwal, and Jardine if they can provide quality minutes playing defense and rebounding. They will have help from our guards playing in some of 3-5 positions at times but we do need their size if we are going to have successful season.  I think offensively we’re going to be able take advantages with quickness and size of our guards as the season progresses but will we able rebound and defend our opponents. I am looking forward to the season. 

Agreed! I think this team will be strong defensively. Hopefully, the shooting takes a step up this season. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Right before the season? What’s up with this?

I listened to Coach's interview the other day.  She named all the players and didnt mention Roach...  She asked if she forgot anyone.  The other coach's said no.  I knew Roach was missed in her listing of players.  I checked the college website and she was still listed.  Then checked her twitter nothing.   I guess this explains it now..  I had high hopes for her...  

I wonder what happened here but it has happened. If there is any positive is that this deepest position on the team and what ever reason she leaving it’s probably better now than later during the season. I thought looking at her track record she was going to be addition to the team and was going to be player for the future. The other positive will be they can start looking  for her scholarship now early. It also leaves possibility of bringing in transfer if they feel need another big girl for the season.

Tonight will not be a traditional exhibition gimme win.   Northern State has a long history of dominating division 2 women's basketball.  Should be a fun game to watch and see some actual competition.  I think a 20+ win would be impressive, but I am expecting a 10 point win tonight.  

Northern State is coming off of a 13-15 2021-22 season. They finished 10th place in the NSIC. North Dakota will see a familiar face on the Wolves bench, Rachel Garvey who played for the Sioux in 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons.  The Wolves are picked to finish 6th place in the NSIC. Northern State returns it's top 2 scorers and should be a fun matchup for North Dakota. Let's go UND!