SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

UND is going to look back at that first half, where they held MSU to 24%, outrebounded them 31-19

and was only up 2 because they turned the ball over 17 times....

This was a game they should have won.

Sorry, but this was more UND throwing away an opportunity then MSU winning one. 

• Upvote 2

This is not to going to work we need to develop inside game. We will make it interesting until second half then teams with larger size will just wear us down  and  injuries will start to develop. Gordon I don’t believe scored inside with person on her tonight. Hurst did but only played a few minutes. Vanderwal only played maybe 2 minutes I don’t see how this gets her ready for conference season. Again we hardly played Beal more than few minutes. If I have major criticism of Bernard is that she will hardly play younger players to let them grow and develop. If your going to recruit highly rated players need to play them and get them ready for the conference season and pre conference season record will not be great but that is how get a team that is deep and can challenge in the conference season. Also Did Borowicz get hurt at the end of the game she was on floor holding her leg like ankle or knee was hurt. Again this I believe how small mid major schools can put a team together compete because they will ever be able to recruit and retain enough talent year to year because competition for talent and transfer rules have changed college sports.

• Upvote 1

We’re going to see a lot of that if we are going to stay committed to girls with experience because then we’re going to be putting team with no girl over 6 feet in height. Montana had always at least 3 girls over 6 feet tall and most of time it was over 6’ 2” tall. If you noticed they were ones hitting the 3 point shot at top key and they had very quick point guard White doing the penetrating and dishing off to one interior big girl or kicking back to one bigs for 3 point shot. This  why I have been critical  of Bernard  recently because I have seen this before with her before but I also saw last year where  she  played number girls that struggled at times but became better players as the season went along.  But at same time I also saw she had hard time playing freshmen last year and it showed at the end of the year. I look at Johnson (SDSU) and  several other coaches Summit   Who play there young talented freshmen resulting  in them getting much deeper roster  at the end of the year and gives them much deeper team year in year out. Second SDSU has been able to retain there players. I just hope she changes her position as year goes along or it’s going to be long difficult season. I wouldn’t be surprised we do play more players because we’re going experience some injuries playing this small team forcing us to play some additional players. I may be all wrong on this assessment and willing to hear other opinions where we are. I look at our mens team look how we’re playing number of freshmen and even starting them over number experienced players to get better this year.