SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Travels to CC

sioux24/7

10 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Calder got slashed in a game against the Gophers. Naturally, both Refs missed it even though the rest of us watching saw it plain as day as Calder entered the Minnesota zone with the puck. He took a two hand chop across the forarms.

That's right. I remember that now.. ugh

11 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Calder got slashed in a game against the Gophers. Naturally, both Refs missed it even though the rest of us watching saw it plain as day as Calder entered the Minnesota zone with the puck. He took a two hand chop across the forarms.

Well, this isn't the worst weekend to have them out and getting better. It could be worse than playing CC. We should be alright.

Landed in Denver. Drove thru downtown Springs and CC campus. New arena on small footprint but looks very nice from outside. Went to Garden of the Gods.....very cool but it's cold here. Thai Mint for dinner then maybe to Tony's  pregame.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Well, this isn't the worst weekend to have them out and getting better. It could be worse than playing CC. We should be alright.

I will say this, while CC doesn’t have overall elite talent, they are definitely a team with a new attitude far different than what CC fans saw under Haviland. They may not execute the best on a consistent basis but they are really working hard and hustling. Mayotte could be the answer to turning the program around. 

Not having Sanderson of course is a giant blow this weekend, but I do buy into this helping strengthen the team long term. Moore is a new player after getting that extra ice / situations he otherwise wouldn't have if Sanderson was healthy against Duluth. Hoping we see the same this weekend for Johnson / Bast. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I will say this, while CC doesn’t have overall elite talent, they are definitely a team with a new attitude far different than what CC fans saw under Haviland. They may not execute the best on a consistent basis but they are really working hard and hustling. Mayotte could be the answer to turning the program around. 

Well, if we come out as sorry as we have on Friday of late, we will be sunk. We really need a great Friday to buoy our confidence.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, AJS said:

Not having Sanderson of course is a giant blow this weekend, but I do buy into this helping strengthen the team long term. Moore is a new player after getting that extra ice / situations he otherwise wouldn't have if Sanderson was healthy against Duluth. Hoping we see the same this weekend for Johnson / Bast. 

Agreed 

2 hours ago, FightingSU said:

CC has taken healthy Duluth and St. Cloud teams to overtime, as well as beating Omaha, so I wouldn’t take them too lightly.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, tnt said:

CC has taken healthy Duluth and St. Cloud teams to overtime, as well as beating Omaha, so I wouldn’t take them too lightly.

Exactly.
CC is no pushover and we're without two of our best players.  One of which is possibly the best player in college hockey.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mattim said:

I just looked at today’s MIDCO broadcast for 830 PM (our time) and it show’s the CC game is on. I assume it is a feed from ROOT or somewhere (an actual TV crew broadcasting the game) and not that annoying CC stream with the floating Tiger head and the biased announcer(s) that just goes blank between periods. 

Nope, CC games are on the AT&T Network.