SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Travels to CC

sioux24/7

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

FYI: masks in the arena are required (unless, of course you spend your hard earned money on beer and concessions). Also, proof of vaccination is required upon entry into the arena. A screen shot of your vaccination card is accepted.

I heard that possession of at least one ounce of marijuana was required for entry into the arena. Can anyone confirm?

14 hours ago, Godsmack said:

FYI: masks in the arena are required (unless, of course you spend your hard earned money on beer and concessions). Also, proof of vaccination is required upon entry into the arena. A screen shot of your vaccination card is accepted.

Your papers please.... give me a break.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Based on this alone - we will sweep.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

How much is a beer at the Robson? Have a feeling one will be to my lips most of the game. 

I always get the tall boys which I believe are $11. They have smaller craft beers in cans as well but i don’t recall how much those cost. 

My Girlfriend and I will be there. Coming down from Denver for the series and got an Airbnb down the street from the Arena. We usually hit up Phantom Canyon Brewery and then Tejon St before the games. 

As far as Pikes Peak or the incline be careful about weather conditions. We're finally supposed to get a little snow Thurs Night into Fri morning. The Incline is steep and can get icy (From lots of foot traffic) as it's basically railroad tie stairs. If you do the incline you can do the incline up and take the Barr Trail back down to the bottom (Which is a normal trail and not steep like the incline) Also Pikes Peak you might not be able to drive up it if the Road is closed for the season, but they do have a Cog Train you can take to the top as long as it's running. There's a Summit House at the top with Food, Gifts, etc. and places to take pictures.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Back in my youthful twenties, at World Arena we’d sneak in some of those shooters and then go buy a Pepsi and make mixed drinks. Nowadays, in my old age, I sneak in Skittles or Mike & Ike’s from Walgreens. 

In my youthful thirties I sneak in shooters to any arena that doesn’t serve alcohol :lol:

• Upvote 2

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/7314698-UND-expects-Ashton-Calder-to-be-ready-after-Christmas-break?fbclid=IwAR35PZcqFdFhxoj3OSLjuFblI0v440QQnDx46n6E2nFcpo2hS4momafTX_k

UND coach Brad Berry delivered some bad news and some good news during his weekly press conference Wednesday in Ralph Engelstad Arena.

The bad news: Forward Ashton Calder will miss his fourth- and fifth-straight games with an arm injury he sustained Nov. 26, when Minnesota forward Blake McLaughlin slashed him in the offensive zone. Calder will not be making the trip to Colorado Springs for the two-game series against Colorado College (8:30 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. Saturday) in Ed Robson Arena.

The good news: Calder is expected to be ready to go after Christmas.

Berry said he expects Calder will play in UND's exhibition game Jan. 1 against the U.S. Under-18 Team.

The Cog Rail is fun but I wouldn’t recommend it the day you fly in. It can kick your @$$.  reservations often needed weeks in advance, not sure if they has changed with re-opened enhancements this summer. I went there  one July and it was like winter in the summit so plan accordingly. 

The Golden Bee (piano bar/pub food/fun vibe) is a place to check out just to cross it off the list. It’s in the Broadmoor Hotel complex. 

If that doesn’t do it for you, I guess you could check out the spicy hot dog place near Robson/Campus that Schloss is always raving about. 

With the new arena located just north of downtown, there are plenty of options up and down Tejon Street for drinks and food before and after the games. Downtown CS over the past few years has seen a boom in trendy Denver-lite type establishments. That said,  I plan to be at Tony's for pregame both nights. Located blocks from the arena, it's the perfect UND fan bar as it is a Green Bay Packer themed bar that serves cheese curds and fried walleye and is one of a very select few bars in town that won't look at you cross-eyed when you ask for Clamato in your beer. Hope to see some friendly faces at Tony's! 

https://www.tonysdowntownbar.com/

Address: 326 N Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903

On 12/8/2021 at 1:54 PM, siouxforce19 said:

In my youthful thirties I sneak in shooters to any arena that doesn’t serve alcohol :lol:

I remember my parents taking me to games in the Barn (Winter Sports Building). On cold nights (and weren't they all back then) everybody brought blankets and my fold always brought a thermos of coffee with brandy. There were MANY bottles of schnaps passed around, as I recall. I was too young to imbibe back then.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bcblues said:

I remember my parents taking me to games in the Barn (Winter Sports Building). On cold nights (and weren't they all back then) everybody brought blankets and my fold always brought a thermos of coffee with brandy. There were MANY bottles of schnaps passed around, as I recall. I was too young to imbibe back then.

The smells of popcorn, hotdogs, and cigar smoke in the lobby areas are great memories for me (although I don't smoke).  The chicken wire instead of plexiglas was another memory, and the weird rebounds off it made playing there a challenge sometimes.

• Upvote 4

THIS WEEKEND'S SCHEDULE

Friday, Dec. 10

• *No. 14/14 Omaha at No. 4/4 Western Michigan, 7:05 p.m. ET (NCHC.tv)
  • *No. 11/10 Denver at No. 5/5 Minnesota Duluth, 7:07 p.m. CT (TV: My9 Sports/NCHC.tv)
  • *No. 7/7 North Dakota at Colorado College, 7:30 p.m. MT (TV: AT&T SportsNet/NCHC.tv)

Saturday, Dec. 11

• *No. 14/14 Omaha at No. 4/4 Western Michigan, 7:05 p.m. ET (NCHC.tv)
  • *No. 7/7 North Dakota at Colorado College, 6:00 p.m. MT (NCHC.tv)
  • *No. 11/10 Denver at No. 5/5 Minnesota Duluth, 7:07 p.m. CT (TV: My9 Sports/NCHC.tv)

Sunday, Dec. 12

• Miami at Mercyhurst, 3:05 p.m. ET (FloHockey)

*Conference game