SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2021: It giveth, it taketh away.

The Sicatoka

Damn the portal sucks.  Honestly hard to know how good the team may or may not be next year until we find out how many transfers there are.  The portal could really be damaging to any team on any year....if they have a lot of people leave at the same position in the same off season.  The portal could blow a huge hole in any position group on the team at any moment. 

This is obviously the new normal, we will just have to try and be really good at grabbing incoming guys as good or better than that are leaving each year.  I bet the damn portal really stresses the hell out of coaches, you literally can't count on anything anymore.  It's already stressing me out. 

41 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

No, I’m saying that Siegel is the #1 corner now with transfers and people graduating. I was asking who would be next up to contribute next year after him.

How does holm not have any eligibility left. He should have at least another 5-8 years.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Damn the portal sucks.  Honestly hard to know how good the team may or may not be next year until we find out how many transfers there are.  The portal could really be damaging to any team on any year....if they have a lot of people leave at the same position in the same off season.  The portal could blow a huge hole in any position group on the team at any moment. 

This is obviously the new normal, we will just have to try and be really good at grabbing incoming guys as good or better than that are leaving each year.  I bet the damn portal really stresses the hell out of coaches, you literally can't count on anything anymore.  It's already stressing me out. 

My new normal is not giving a crap anymore.  College football is being ruined right in front of us.  Paying players, transfer portals, social justice crap, Covid protocols, can't hit anyone hard.  It's a tragedy of piss poor leadership.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

My new normal is not giving a crap anymore.  College football is being ruined right in front of us.  Paying players, transfer portals, social justice crap, Covid protocols, can't hit anyone hard.  It's a tragedy of piss poor leadership.

Totally Agree!!

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I'm sorry you feel this way. All the things mentioned, are intended to recognize the student athletes as young men who are being empowered to make critical life decisions, while building leadership skills on an off the filed while embracing the whole person concept that is both aware of self and community responsibility. Recognizing the need for community and player safety is a good thing. A player transferring creates an opportunity for someone that wants to be in Grand Forks. If we get kids with all the attributes mentioned and he helps win games. Its a win-win.

I believe I said this about the transfer portal in the hockey forum:

Going forward, your connections, your human intelligence network, is more valuable than ever. It will give you insights, and more important, early insights, on who may come available and if they are a fit to your needs and program. 

Do we have enough and the right football connections to thrive in this new portal era? 

For example, Tibesar may be out as DC at Oregon State, but what's he know? Landry is at Temple, ... and? 

File this under "off field game management" and something to observe. 

• Upvote 1