SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2021: It giveth, it taketh away.

The Sicatoka

I think everyone is on the same page. Yes to transfers, but in only very specific situations. Honestly, given the "5th" year rule, for the next couple of years, I would really hope there wouldn't be a need outside of maybe one or two per class. 

4 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

You want a team of transfers?

Yup my post exactly said I want the whole team to be transfers????

Bubba needs to take advantage of the transfer portal just like a lot of other teams are doing. No they don't need to take in 30 plus transfers but they need to start using it to fill in the needs of the team.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Noooooo

It's a new era in football recruiting/roster retention.  I get what those of you who are saying that we shouldn't build a team using the portal mean...but the damn portal is going to destroy teams if we sit back and do nothing.  Gotta match inflows and outflows...if talent is available that can help us win...go for it...because you never know who's going to be left when the dust settles anymore!

And I don't blame kids for betting on themselves and leaving either...life's short...if you are willing to bet on yourself then I think you should!  We need to adapt with the changing times...

• Upvote 4

It's so disappointing after going pretty unscathed after Spring ball. Any 2022 talks now seem extremely premature. Have to wait to see the roster construction once the dust settles. 

Nobody else off the 2-Deep and we'll consider this off-season a success. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

It's so disappointing after going pretty unscathed after Spring ball. Any 2022 talks now seem extremely premature. Have to wait to see the roster construction once the dust settles. 

Nobody else off the 2-Deep and we'll consider this off-season a success. 

Unfortunately there will be more.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Reliable intel......this is going to happen.

I hope you're right.
And whatever that Bison OL mojo is, can he bring some of that with? 

No disrespect to our guys, but NDSU has been the dominant OL in FCS for over a decade. It's OK to learn from them. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I hope you're right.
And whatever that Bison OL mojo is, can he bring some of that with? 

No disrespect to our guys, but NDSU has been the dominant OL in FCS for over a decade. It's OK to learn from them. 

And they have done so with many ND kids!!