SiouxSports.com Forum

Illinois State @ UND 11/13/21

sioux24/7

Very exciting game.  My heart rate must be up to 63.  
Can we somehow put up a good second half of football ?  There probably is no realistic chance that they can still make the playoffs (they certainly don’t look like a playoff team).   Use the last game and a half to build some optimism for next year and hopefully keep good players from the transfer portal. 

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

but holinka is new and our defense is actually pretty good ....interesting take.

NO the point is you blame the ST coach for the mistakes the SP player makes. No matter how good the D is, they still miss tackles but you reserve your negative comments for only the ST coach?

See my point?

Just now, shep said:

NO the point is you blame the ST coach for the mistakes the SP player makes. No matter how good the D is, they still miss tackles but you reserve your negative comments for only the ST coach?

See my point?

no...our ST have sucked since he took over....holinka has so far been an improvement with holinka (and he's using guys he didn't totally recruit...unlike kositich).

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

but holinka is new and our defense is actually pretty good ....interesting take.

And our special teams (outside of individual kicking by FG kicker) has been good the last 3-4 years.  Why don't you just wait for something negative to happen again...and then post, because that is what you do.  You are as predictable as a January snowstorm in ND. 

For the record 6-7 years ago I was like you, thought Kostich sucked because we had a few blocked punts that literally cost us games.  The past 3-4 years things have turned around significantly on that.  You probably missed that one post showing blocked punts for and against UND the past few years.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

no...our ST have sucked since he took over....holinka has so far been an improvement with holinka (and he's using guys he didn't totally recruit...unlike kositich).

Did you see the blocked kick? 

Who did that? 

Hint: Special Teams

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

Are you worried at half with this score? Me, no. Team was playing well in the 2nd Qtr and I see it continuing in the second half

Am I worried? No. Would I be surprised if UND loses by one score? No.

If UND loses by one score, remember the failed chances to get more points in the first half - UND had several opportunities to score more if not for turnovers and conservatism. 

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

And our special teams (outside of individual kicking by FG kicker) has been good the last 3-4 years.  Why don't you just wait for something negative to happen again...and then post, because that is what you do.  You are as predictable as a January snowstorm in ND. 

For the record 6-7 years ago I was like you, thought Kostich sucked because we had a few blocked punts that literally cost us games.  The past 3-4 years things have turned around significantly on that.  You probably missed that one post showing blocked punts for and against UND the past few years.  

so we lead the nation is blocked punts but turn a blind eye to the other crap...even Goon doesn't get it that we can't kick fg's and he's a hockey guy.

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

UND runs another play deep with 10 seconds left to get themselves in field goal range instead of just running out the half and I am reading they are too conservative.   Wild

I don't think you can use a single play to define the direction of this offense. Yes, they are way too conservative and Yes, that was a nice timely play to give them a chance at some points. They need to be doing that more often.