SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Beavs -- FRIDAY GAMEDAY

stoneySIOUX

Whew held on for the win and definitely a lot to work on.

Thought Caulfield had a pretty solid game, seemed to win a lot of board battles. Driscoll was real solid, couple of fluky bounces led to 2 BSU goals.

Ton of careless giveaways, didn't connect on many passes at all tonight just real sloppy, gap control was awful for much of the night d-men giving way too much room, too many stick checks gotta be a little more physical on the boards.

All in all though got the win and now have to find a way to finish the sweep tomorrow night.

6 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Was it after that last faceoff win?  He won that second to last faceoff when UND iced it, but I didn't see anything after that.

No he went down after taking a shot I think. Looked away and looked back and he was down and got back up and just kinda hobbled around. But then did take the draw so idk 

9 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

My takeaways:

Weak start - not competitive enough

Good second.  Lots of puck support going north.

Not the best third, but a good road win anyway.  

Beavers will be eager tomorrow.  better be ready to score!

Alternative Endings:

Beavers will be eager tomorrow.  better be ready to play hard in the slot!

Beavers will be eager tomorrow.  better be ready to finish our chances!

Way too passive when Bemidji State pulled their goalie, even after the Bemidji guy had to go to the bench for a new stick. Expected it to be tight, so good experience to go down to the wire in a hard building to play in and still come out on top.  

Scares me a tick that we could only play 5 d men almost the entire third period.  Could see at the end that guys got gassed and we are icing the puck instead of off the glass and out plays.  Probably see Ferner tomorrow.

I'm loving Driscoll.  Big fist pump at the end.  A very good first period for him while we were flat.

• Like 1

Just now, Wilbur said:

Scares me a tick that we could only play 5 d men almost the entire third period.  Could see at the end that guys got gassed and we are icing the puck instead of off the glass and out plays.  Probably see Ferner tomorrow.

I'm loving Driscoll.  Big fist pump at the end.  A very good first period for him while we were flat.

According to the line chart on the Herald live chat, Ferner is injured. Not sure if it’s accurate. 

26 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Louis Jamernik, 3 GP, 3 goals and 1 assist. Let's hope that production continues, that will help the squad. It's early but that is interesting.

Those stats aren’t correct. If you got them from CHN, they credited him with Caulfield and Kunz’s goal from last night. 

I don’t know where to get correct stats anymore :unsure: