SiouxSports.com Forum

UND travels to Southern Illinois Oct. 16 2p.m.

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

I really hope I’m wrong but I don’t see UND winning this game.  Would go against everything I’ve seen this season.  If UND covers the line it will probably be due to a late TD in garbage time. 
To win this game the offense needs to open it up and throw downfield a lot more.  Stop with all the 2 yard throws on 3rd and 8 hoping the receiver can break 3 tackles and pick up the first down.  

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

I realize that no team can live off of "trick plays", but a touchdown is a touchdown. These are the same who complain about a boring predictable offense. Personally I enjoy knowing that at anytime something creative could happen when our offense is on the field. Now a 20 yard run up the gut is also exciting, but I don't get all the complaints about "trick plays" when it's really just another play in the book. 

I love tricks and gadgets but to be solid and get to the next level you need mostly to rely fundamentals in my opinion. So I am hoping to see a few scores with straight on football 

6 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

ND players I expect to be out today against Southern Illinois: Weah, Maag, Morrison, Navratil, Stage, Haas, Lotysz, Lavell, Cochran

not the best situation but doesn’t mean this game isn’t still winnable 

With those guys this game wouldn’t be winnable. 

11 minutes ago, AJS said:

With those guys this game wouldn’t be winnable. 

Might as well have just forfeited, right? Hell, fold the program. 

Some of you need to take a look in the mirror and RELAX. I for one am really looking forward to watching some UND football today. Let's go boys!

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

I love tricks and gadgets but to be solid and get to the next level you need mostly to rely fundamentals in my opinion. So I am hoping to see a few scores with straight on football 

I have no problem with trick plays - but it can't be your only source of success.  Running an offense is a lot like pitching in baseball - you have your strengths to go to but the key is to keep the hitters off balance and guessing.  No matter how good your fastball, if hitters know it's coming you're going to have a bad time (unless your name is Nolan).  We don't keep anyone off balance or guessing.  The word is out on our offense and we can't seem to make anyone pay for taking away the 5 yard pass or stacking the line.  

37 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Might as well have just forfeited, right? Hell, fold the program. 

Some of you need to take a look in the mirror and RELAX. I for one am really looking forward to watching some UND football today. Let's go boys!

Yikes, bit of an overreaction. Borderline bizarre. 

You ok?