SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day - UND at USD. 10/09/21

SiouxFan100

19 minutes ago, Cratter said:

This game. 

Long of 11.

15 attempts.

58 yards.

You wanna rush for a 100 yards you need to break one for 40+ yards or at least have two 20+ers.

I think we may need to accept the possibility that Weah's breakout season last year was perhaps mostly the product of exceptional Offensive Line play last season.

North Dakota's O-Line has been largely inept this year against Utah St, NDSU, and USD.

1 minute ago, Kab said:

He stayed at a holiday inn express last night 

Hey, I’m not taking anything away from  UND football.  You have a good defense and could of easily won last week against NDSU, but to call out USD as “atrocious” is ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, MVFC fan said:

Hey, I’m not taking anything away from  UND football.  You have a good defense and could of easily won last week against NDSU, but to call out USD as “atrocious” is ridiculous.

I mean UND and USD will likely finish "midpack".

UND fans think that's atrocious.

USD fans notsomuch.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I mean UND and USD will likely finish "midpack".

UND fans think that's atrocious.

USD fans notsomuch.

I’m a MVFC fan, no dog in this fight.  I would give USD a slight nod over UND (proven today), but other than maybe SDSU, both these two teams can and will be competitive in every valley game.  

1 minute ago, MVFC fan said:

I’m a MVFC fan, no dog in this fight.  I would give USD a slight nod over UND (proven today), but other than maybe SDSU, both these two teams can and will be competitive in every valley game.  

Correction, SDSU lost today, so maybe they’re not as dominant as I thought 

1 minute ago, MVFC fan said:

After the top team(or two) the Valley is always a mess. That could be said about most conferences though

1 minute ago, Big Green said:

We now need to invest is an exceptional coach and get this program to the next level.

I think Bubba probably should retire to save face. Not sure who should be his successor, though. Danny was heir apparent, but now…

I'm just not a Schuster guy.  You hear about "nothing bothers him", "never gets rattled", "barely has a pulse".  Alright, he can do my open heart surgery then some day, perfect. 

I want my QB to be attack mentality and aggressive.  The guy that claps his hands hard in the gun because he wants the d@mn ball because he's got the right call against the right defensive personnel package.

If the play calling is what is limiting Tommy I apologize.  I just don't think he's the guy.  

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm just not a Schuster guy.  You hear about "nothing bothers him", "never gets rattled", "barely has a pulse".  Alright, he can do my open heart surgery then some day, perfect. 

I want my QB to be attack mentality and aggressive.  The guy that claps his hands hard in the gun because he wants the d@mn ball because he's got the right call against the right defensive personnel package.

If the play calling is what is limiting Tommy I apologize.  I just don't think he's the guy.  

Agree.  There is a reason he was going D2 before we offered him last minute.  

Seems his best quality is he doesn’t make mistakes.(that can’t be said this spring). 

I fear this coaching staff sticks with him til he graduates.  Vaughn was highly recruited, he seems like a better option.  Or hope feeney is ready to go next year.  Need a QB the can pick up some yards with his legs if no one is open.  Tommy can’t do that. 

43 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Tough to argue after how the offense has looked the last couple days.  Certainly missing something.  Looked flat today.  

3 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

At least we lead the league in false starts.   And timeouts wasted.

So…I can not discuss this game on the level of this topic…but as I say there and watched…. Not only was there no fire and some glaring mistakes (that I caught) BUT a total lackluster attitude…lining up, in the huddle, coming off the field…..one play, if I counted correctly, there was not one missed tackle but THREE that led to a USD 1st down.Very few high fives and pats on the back….

I was at the 50 yard line, row 12, behind the UND bench….

The defense had their work cut out for them….wow, just overall “deflated” playing??? What is the solution? Is there one got the rest of the season?